The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 5, 2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Venom1956

Weigand Combat Interchangeable front sight for Ruger questions?

Hello,

I was referred to this front sight by another member for another gun. I noticed that have a base for Ruger pistols. does anyone have any first hand experience with these and which models they fit? I was looking to put one on a Mk2 bull barrel, OM Single Six, OM Blackhawk. Will they fit the barrel diameter properly?

I assume also they are a quality sight? I was planning on making my own narrower front sight for distance shooting but I would love to have swappable inserts so I could go from close to distance shooting @ the range if desired.

Side Note: I am also looking for quality rear blades for the above weapons and a metal blade replacement for a Beretta NEOS. The original one bent from the spring pressure making a goofy sight picture.

Thank you for all your help!
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old March 5, 2012, 07:51 PM   #2
saltydog452

I have the Weigand front/rear on a 45 Colt, M 25. It has been on the bench of, and blessed by Hamilton Bowen who sells/installs the Weigand sight set.

There is no way that I can answer your questions other than offer a suggestion to contact Mr. Bowen.

As a side note, the M 25 and Buffalo Bore presents a pretty good 'thump' to the hand and the front sight is still in place. I have extra blades that I don't use, but to find the right one would be a trial and error (and fun) proposition.

Although I have a snug fitting holster for the 25, there has not been enough draws/presentations to guess how the spring loaded front sight will behave long term.

salty
Old March 9, 2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Venom1956

Well I emailed him about the same time I posted this I heard back from him today. Unsure if this is what I was looking for I assumed this mount replaced the front sight via the single screw and fits to the barrel, by the description on the website, so swapping between this and the original would be easy. Now it looks like it has to be soldered into place. bummer.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug