The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 7, 2021, 03:48 PM   #1
Unclenick
Staff

Component Sightings

I am starting this sticky so so members have a place to report when they spot a source of components or ammo other members may need. This is to co-locate all posts of sightings rather than folks needed to search for new threads started intermittently for them.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old May 9, 2021, 02:49 PM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

Here some powders are still available as of today:

https://www.brunoshooters.com/mm5/me...er&Per_Page=-1
Old May 10, 2021, 09:09 AM   #3
reddog81

Powder Valley has a variety of Accurate and IMR powders this morning.
Old May 11, 2021, 02:23 PM   #4
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Are you sure? I just checked and the only item in stock was their pour spout.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old May 11, 2021, 03:12 PM   #5
reddog81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Tuttle View Post
Are you sure? I just checked and the only item in stock was their pour spout.
Is that directed at me? If so, yes 100% positive as of when I posted they had 1 and 8 lbs bottles available of a variety of handgun and rifle powders. I looked at Accurate #5, 7 and 5744 specifically. IMR had half or more of the powders available.

I didn't buy anything yesterday because I am well stocked and current prices are too high, but I did buy 5 lbs from them a month ago. Anytime they have anything in stock it is gone within hours if not sooner.
Old May 11, 2021, 05:16 PM   #6
Unclenick
Staff

I see both the funnel and H50BMG today. H50BMG is too slow for anything I own. I tried the funnel once, but you have to grind it up and pour the case full of LOX to get any energy out of it, and then it gets hot enough to melt steel, so the experiment is short-lived.

Note: Several decades ago, a friend of mine witnessed a rocket scientist acquaintance soaking his charcoal briquettes in LOX in place of starting fluid for a backyard BBQ. He said it flared up dramatically and melted a hole through the grill and the bottom of his Webber where it permanently cracked and marked some of his patio bricks. I guess being a rocket scientist doesn't guarantee you think everything through carefully.
Old May 11, 2021, 05:51 PM   #7
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Yes, reddog81.

I checked their site and I didn't find any of the stuff you listed. I'm betting they sold out in a matter of a couple of hours.

Old June 7, 2021, 07:11 AM   #8
stagpanther

Powders do come in at PV more frequently now--but you have to move fast as they sell out fairly quickly. That said, I haven't seen any Alliant or Vitivouri (except the 50 bmg stuff) in about a year come in. I've created a bookmark on my browser so that I check almost every day and simply set the settings for "show all" and rapidly scroll down the entire list. Unfortunately they don't have an "in stock only" filter.
Old June 7, 2021, 10:29 PM   #9
Metal god

Brunos has a lot of powder for sale and they seem to get different ones in often , only problem is you must buy it by the case . I've been want some CFE pistol which they have in stock . However it's in 10# single pound bottle cases for $420 each . IDK right now $42 a pound doesn't sound to bad but I don't want to spend $400+ dollars on one powder .

correction - they are now selling 4 & 8# jugs of several powders but they are pricey . I just went through a mock checkout over there . $360 including hazmat and shipping for 8# of CFE pistol So basically double what I paid for it two years ago . Thank god I "want" CFE pistol and don't actually need it .

https://www.brunoshooters.com/mm5/me...ry_Code=powder

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old June 8, 2021, 04:19 PM   #10
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Metal god, your link didn't work for me...

Old June 8, 2021, 10:13 PM   #11
Metal god

Try this one it's to there home page , you can navigate from there look under supplies

https://www.brunoshooters.com/

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old June 9, 2021, 08:13 AM   #12
Unclenick
Staff

MG, note how the system truncated the middle part of the URL in your post #9 and replaced it with an ellipsis (…). The board software does that automatically to keep long URLs from causing the screen to be too wide to display without horizontal sliders. So if you paste a URL into the text space and then select and copy what you pasted to put in the link makers URL line, you always get a broken link like that. You need to leave the original, intact URL copy in your clipboard and paste that into the link maker. The truncated display then doesn't matter as the URL behind remains complete.
Old June 9, 2021, 09:23 AM   #13
ballardw

Browser may have a "copy link" option. Place cursor on a link and right click, select the copy link. Paste that into a browser address bar instead of simple "copy" text.
Old June 9, 2021, 10:17 AM   #14
Metal god

Quote:
Browser may have a "copy link" option. Place cursor on a link and right click, select the copy link. Paste that into a browser address bar instead of simple "copy" text.
That's what I do and always have done , don't remember ever having this issue before to include some links that were paragraphs long . . FWIW I don't even know what language Uncle nick was just speaking .

The only thing I can think that went wrong was I copied that first link from a link in a email . Maybe that link was specific to emailed advertisements .

Old June 9, 2021, 11:55 AM   #15
stagpanther

Powder Valley just got in a shipment of VIHTAVUORI powders--you have to move very fast to order and confirm with payment within minutes.
Old June 9, 2021, 12:17 PM   #16
hounddawg

Everglades Ammo has a few powders instock, WARNING - prices are steep. I have found most of these in the past few months on other sites sporadically at much lower prices

https://www.evergladesammo.com/powde...brasscondition

PV still has quite a few of the VV's, no 140 or 150 however but PV's prices are pretty much inline with pre covid though so cheers for them. I really don't need at the moment but nice to see shipment coming in
Old June 9, 2021, 02:28 PM   #17
stagpanther

PV is smart--build customer loyalty when times are hard and take the road not taken by most others.
Old June 9, 2021, 03:28 PM   #18
stagpanther

I bought some VV. Despite PV's notice of delayed shipping--I got a shipping notice within hours of placing the order.
Old June 9, 2021, 06:08 PM   #19
Shane Tuttle
Staff

stagpanther, you ROCK!

Just placed an order with Powder Valley. Everyone else is a LOT more expensive. Been doing business with them for a long time. I was afraid they were going to strike when the iron was hot and inflate their prices once they get some in. SO GLAD they didn't.

Believe me; I was tempted to buy more by having some family members order some by proxy. Alas, I have that thing tugging on me called a conscience...

Old June 9, 2021, 08:19 PM   #20
stagpanther

It's a secret, don't tell anyone.
Old June 10, 2021, 06:40 PM   #21
hounddawg

Bruno's has a heck of a selection this afternoon. Prices run from mid 30s to upper 40's per pound with many of the selections requiring the purchase of a case or more. Still the largest variety for sale I have seen in a while. SOmeone here was looking for CFE pistol the other day, $249 for a 8 pounder + shipping and hazmat

https://www.brunoshooters.com/mm5/me..._By=disp_order
Old June 11, 2021, 01:47 PM   #22
RileyMartin

Anyone know where to get small and large rifle primers?
Old June 11, 2021, 01:49 PM   #23
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Right now, Gunbroker is your best bet. Be ready to pay through the nose. Nobody else has any that you don't have to give up your first-born that I know of.

Old June 11, 2021, 02:15 PM   #24
stagpanther

I'm selling large rifle primers at $1.00 each, I decided it's time to buy a new pick-up truck.
Old June 12, 2021, 07:21 AM   #25
hounddawg

PV, Grafs, and Midsouth have a fair selection of VV and Shooters World at pre covid prices. CCI has a good selection of .22 LR. Primers won't not be far behind

@Stagpanther LOL, I told the wife a few month back that if she had the desire for a new BMW I would give her a few bricks of primers to sell or trade but I expected for her to bring me change back