The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old April 25, 2021, 08:41 AM   #1
SR420

Making the best of my M14s

I have spent many years testing accuracy enhancing chassis stocks made for the M14 / M1A, and I made the decision to use the Blackfeather RS exclusively several years ago. This decision lead me to find the combination of kit that worked best for me and the rifles I have.

The first one is a Smith Enterprise built "Crazy Horse" M21A5 that has a 22" medium weight barrel. Blackfeather RS chassis with the Mossberg butt stock adapter, and the scout hand guard for medium weight barrels. I can shoot this using iron sights as well as red dot sights that sit low, and I do not have to worry about messing with a cheek riser. Standard GI flash hider that accepts a bayonet.

The second one is a Smith Enterprise built CQB-16 that has a 16.25" standard weight barrel. Blackfeather RS chassis with a high butt stock adapter with a B5 Sopmod butt stock on an AR receiver extension tube. The long site plane optic rail accepts just about every aiming device you can think of, I use Troy flip up battle sights, an Aimpoint RDS and a Leupold scout scope. Since all aiming devices are on the same plane, I don't have to mess with cheek risers. DC Vortex flash hider that accepts a Wind Talker sound suppressor.

Both trigger groups have been reworked by SEI... both wear a trigger shoe, and both shoot way better than I can.

Last edited by SR420; April 25, 2021 at 09:10 AM.
Old April 25, 2021, 10:07 AM   #2
globemaster3

Awesome builds!

I also have a huge appreciation for your Mini clone too! Still have that?

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."
Old April 25, 2021, 11:40 AM   #3
SR420

Thank you.

Are you asking about the AC556 in a Sage EBR chassis?
I have never owned a mini, but I have photographed a few of them.