The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old June 8, 2002, 09:02 PM   #1
CD1

Dove season almost upon us..

The shotshell reloading has begun with great anticipation. Soon we'll be busting clays and dreaming of those marinated, bacon wrapped dove breasts slow cooking on the grill. I had a group of three buzz me in the back yard this evening, close trail formation, thing of beauty.

Shortly after that, bow season opens again. Seems like yesterday the season ended, now it's all about to start again.
Can't wait.
Old June 8, 2002, 11:07 PM   #2
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

CD1, you are obviously a gentleman who has gotten his priorities in life just all straightened out!

Art
Old June 8, 2002, 11:23 PM   #3
Dan Morris

Amen...tis a breather till big game..........anyone in eastern Colorado got a few names or phone numbers I can introduce mysef to for new hunting places???????If so, please email!
Dan
Old June 11, 2002, 09:21 PM   #4
prescott

CD1, you're killing me! I can't wait to get in the sunflowers. Excuse me while I go polish up the double barrel...
Old June 11, 2002, 11:01 PM   #5
Dave R

When does your Dove season start? Mine's is Sept 1st. And the spring runoff is not even done here...

You have a longer attention span than I do!
Old June 12, 2002, 08:21 AM   #6
CD1

Our season starts Sept 1st. We have a lot of flooded fields due to the huge amount of rain this year, but we'll have some good corn fields to hunt down in the Mississippi delta.

I pulled out a box of empty hulls over the weekend to reload and saw a bunch of dove feathers from last years birds. Made me smile.

We should have a long hot summer of busting clays. Sitting on the tailgate in the shade, drinking cold cokes, and telling stories about hunting seasons past.
Old June 12, 2002, 10:09 AM   #7
BenW

Can't wait for it to start either. I've been seeing more birds in the Central Valley of Calif than I can recall in the past few years.

Plus this is one gun related thing that is actually better in Calif than some other states. I don't have to hang my head in shame and listen to guys tell me to "move away from California!" During dove season I can tell guys from states where dove hunting isn't allowed to, "move away from_______!"
Old June 14, 2002, 09:46 AM   #8
Jason280

Dove season is always a big debate for us here in Bulldog country, especially considering that opening day usually lands on the Saturday of the first home game. Lets see here, what do I want to do? Bust the hell out of some doves, or go to a home game and get drunk with a bunch of scantily-clad coeds who will want to take advantage of me later? Gee, decisions...

So, can we just go dove hunting on Monday???
Old June 18, 2002, 12:11 PM   #9
Kobra

I like Sept 1st so much I picked it has my wedding day....don't tell my wife that I use it as the absolute best anniversary reminder! I bought her an 11-87 Upland Special so hell I might even get her to join in this year.