The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 18, 2008, 09:41 PM   #1
jdtoyou

Kramer IWB #3

I'm looking for some feedback on the Kramer IWB #3. I originally was looking at the Kramer #2 but it does not have enough cant and I don't want to wait 6+ months for a Milt Sparks.

I'm using a MTAC with my P2000 right now. I like it, but I'm not sure I'm sold in the huge footprint it has.

How is the IWB #3? Looks nice
Old August 2, 2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Highwayman

I've used one for about a year now and have had no problems. I'm about to try a dual-attachment point holster (much like the Milt Sparks VMII) and see which one I like better.

The only problem I have with the Kramer #3 style is it tends to be a bit thicker since the loops are stacked on the "top" of the holster. This causes it to cant forward and backward just a bit when I bend or sit. I find myself reaching back to "scratch" my back and readjust it. The leather "paddle" that sticks out to the rear really helps pull the butt of the gun into the body, and it does it's job quite nicely. Overall an excellent holster, and if this style works for you, you won't find many to beat it.
A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
-- John Stuart Mill
Old August 2, 2008, 10:59 PM   #3
jdtoyou

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind if it moves just a little, that's ok with me. I don't like how big the MTAC is, especailly when sitting. It tends to jab into my side/back. But I do like how the MTAC disperses the weight.
Old August 3, 2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Highwayman

Something else to keep in mind: different guns work for different holsters in different ways. This doesn't even get into the differences in body style, but some guns just don't work with certain CC systems.

I know a couple of people that just couldn't wear their guns with a certain holster, only to find if they switched styles of retention, it was perfect.

Just more food for thought. I guess this is how most of us end up with a "box o' holsters."
A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
-- John Stuart Mill
Old August 4, 2008, 11:00 AM   #5
jdtoyou

Very good point. I would rate the MTAC a 7.5-10 for me in terms of overall comfort, fit ect. But the adjustability is awesome. It would kinda suck to buya nice $120+ leather holster that wasn't too adjustable only to find out it was just "ok". But I guess that's the only way it seems. Thanks for the tip.

Maybe I'll try a CTAC first,over the Kramer IWB#3, due to cost. I'd hate to throw a $125 holster "into the box", lol.
Old August 4, 2008, 12:36 PM   #6
Highwayman

The good thing about the high dollar holsters is you almost always get your money back on them. They don't wear out quickly, so if you wear one for a couple of months and decide you don't like it, it's rather easy to find someone that would be willing to buy it. Especially considering some of the wait times on some holsters.

What would kill me is waiting the 6+ months for the thing to come in only to find that I don't like it, so now I have to find something else to try with another long wait attached to it.

Whatever you choose, I wish you well.
-- John Stuart Mill