The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 10, 2001, 01:10 AM   #1
jsr75

Hello All

Could any of you fine folks recommend a drag bag best tailored to fit the compact 20" barreled LTR? One that could double as a shooting mat would be nice, but not necessary. Doesn't have to have a lot of compartments, either. So far been looking at Eagle and Black Hawk. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

-jsr75
Old April 14, 2001, 06:14 PM   #2
Knighterrant

You can't go wrong with Eagle or Blackhawk. However, if you are on a limited budget you may want to look at a parachutist weapons case and modify accordingly. I think Brigade Quartermaster or Sportsman Guide had them and maybe US Cav. Less than $50 and the ones (there are 2 versions)I have, I have added extra zippers and velcro straps to allow faster access and hold rifle in place. The current "flavor" seems to be the Eagle case that isn't a drag bag but a case that will unfold/zip...don't know the model.