The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 6, 2020, 10:18 PM   #1
chrisintexas

Any new Glocks coming out in 2020?

Are there any new Glocks coming out in 2020? Any news?
Old January 6, 2020, 10:28 PM   #2
Dan-O

Who cares? I love my glocks, but they’re not exactly trailblazers anymore.
Old January 7, 2020, 04:29 AM   #3
kozak6

Lots of rumors, but nothing concrete.

Hopefully they'll be leaks closer to SHOT.
Old January 7, 2020, 08:51 AM   #4
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-O View Post
Here we go again..yawn

I guess the OP 'cares' since he asked the question.

https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...tating-barrel/

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/04/12...irmed-by-glock

Lessee..Glocks are reliable, accurate, not expensive, come in dern near every semi auto pistol caliber known. Not sure what they are 'supposed' to do.
Oh, I see, not 'pretty'', that gets a 'who cares' from me..

"Tools not Trophies”
Old January 7, 2020, 11:51 AM   #5
T. O'Heir

Glock chambers a new calibre or barrel length and says it's a new pistol. A Glock is a Glock. Over priced and slippery.
Old January 7, 2020, 03:56 PM   #6
chrisintexas

I like Glocks. They work for me. Thats why I asked.
Old January 7, 2020, 05:58 PM   #7
dogtown tom

Quote:
Dan-O Who cares? I love my glocks, but they’re not exactly trailblazers anymore.
Well, the consumer market seems to care, as do the FBI, ATF, Secret Service and majority of LE agencies at the state and local level. My USSS customers tell me they can't wait to get issued their new Glocks.

As far as "trailblazers"? Please. No manufacturer currently trail blazes a darn thing. Most are still playing catchup to the Evil G, instead of trailblazing they keep churning out the next Glock killer. None have succeeded.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old January 7, 2020, 07:33 PM   #8
dogtown tom

Quote:
kozak6 Lots of rumors, but nothing concrete.

Hopefully they'll be leaks closer to SHOT.
Fewer and fewer companies are announcing "big news" at SHOT. Often it gets drowned out in the big news coming from all the other manufacturers.
Take the G40 for example.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old January 7, 2020, 07:44 PM   #9
dogtown tom

Quote:
T. O'Heir Glock chambers a new calibre or barrel length and says it's a new pistol.
No, they really don't.
A Glock 26 is not at all the same as a Glock 17 except for caliber is it?
The closest Glock inc gets to brag about "its a new pistol" is the generational versions, but essentially the same design. A design that works and shouldn't be changed.

Quote:
A Glock is a Glock.
And thank goodness for that. The commonality of parts, the user friendly design, the ability to easily change calibers, to use factory magazines from 10-33 rounds, the ability to easily modify, customize or gunsmith without need for anything more than a pin punch or jumbo paperclip.

Quote:
Over priced and slippery.
Nah, reliabilty is priceless. And you should look for one of the models with RTF2 grips if you can't hang on to a pistol.

Old January 7, 2020, 07:50 PM   #10
American Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisintexas View Post
Glock haters just can't help themselves... they are like the liberals of the gun culture. I guess it makes them feel good or tough to put them down.
Old January 8, 2020, 08:15 AM   #11
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisintexas View Post
Quote:
Well, the consumer market seems to care, as do the FBI, ATF, Secret Service and majority of LE agencies at the state and local level. My USSS customers tell me they can't wait to get issued their new Glocks.

As far as "trailblazers"? Please. No manufacturer currently trail blazes a darn thing. Most are still playing catchup to the Evil G, instead of trailblazing they keep churning out the next Glock killer. None have succeeded.
Reality, what a concept..

"Tools not Trophies”
Old January 9, 2020, 04:41 AM   #12
amprecon

Well, this is out there too.
Attached Images
File Type: png sLmAbh7-675x433.png (128.6 KB, 94 views)
"Cause I got nothin' better to do."
Old January 9, 2020, 10:07 AM   #13
Brit

RTF2 grips? I have one of those, just about tore the skin off my hands. Out came the tool!
The Dremel, my buddies said I had gone mad, destroyed the value? I never sell guns, so what the heck. But it has the best trigger, about 4 lbs. Clean release, TruGlo night sights.
Extended slide release. Sits in a Kydex OTB holster. All is well.

The only Glock I would be interested in, the G46? Is that the #, the model for European Law Enforcement only, the rotating barrel.
But in G19 size. So that looks like a non-starter, so be it 43X or Glock 19? I suppose that back and forth will happen. I think if Glock would produce the Glock polymer holster and mag pouch. Which I use with my G19, the 43X would be viable.

In speaking to Glock USA that seems like a non-starter. So soldier on. As no one can seem to produce any holsters that are not huge lumps, around 8" long. Keep well.
Old January 9, 2020, 10:54 AM   #14
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
This about sums up my opinion. They're awesome, but haven't really changed much since they came out. Minor tweaks here and there.
Old January 9, 2020, 10:54 AM   #15
ThomasT

What about the Glock 44 in 22lr? Thats a little different than the normal offerings.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44
Old January 10, 2020, 09:48 AM   #16
greentick

Quote:
Originally Posted by amprecon View Post
Well, this is out there too.
Watching for this as well
Old January 10, 2020, 11:36 PM   #17
Onward Allusion

i seriously hope no more new models. i can't keep track anymore.
Old January 11, 2020, 05:39 AM   #18
Rob228

I've got three and plan on more. Don't care if they come out with anything new, but I will definitely be buying spares and duplicates.
Old January 11, 2020, 09:12 AM   #19
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratshooter View Post
What about the Glock 44 in 22lr? Thats a little different than the normal offerings.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44
BUT only 10R magazine..wait, the 'new' Ruger LCPII has a 10 rounder..LOTS of 22 Semis have 10R magazines..but gee, it's a Glock so gotta be bad, somehow.

"Tools not Trophies”
Old January 12, 2020, 04:32 AM   #20
kozak6

No no no. The new Glock strategy is that the first one has to be bad. Then, only after enthusiasts and early adapters have bought in, do they release the "real" one.

If anything, we're lucky that it doesn't have a silver slide and that it's not .22 short or some other silly thing.
Old January 12, 2020, 03:32 PM   #21
jaysouth

I like my Glocks but I wish 2 or 3 would wear out, so I could justify buying a couple of new ones.

At the current rate of introduction, Glock will be up to 3 digit model numbers in 2022.
Old January 15, 2020, 07:39 AM   #22
OhioGuy

Maybe they'll re-release their entire lineup in dark gray instead of black, give them all new numbers, and they'll sell like hotcakes all over again.
Old January 15, 2020, 12:13 PM   #23
dogtown tom

Quote:
OhioGuy Maybe they'll re-release their entire lineup in dark gray instead of black, give them all new numbers, and they'll sell like hotcakes all over again.
When Glock first came out with a factory colored frame, (OD green around 2008 or 09 I believe) THEY DIDN'T SELL!
Same thing with the Gen3 "fishgill" slides and RTF2 grip texture.

Glock dropped MAP protection and distros and dealers were blowing them out.

Guess what happened when they went out of productions? Yup, now there was a demand and prices on OD's and fishgills skyrocketed. I know, I sold off mine.

Glock doesn't give new model#s to color variations. Remember, Glock didn't come up with the Gen1/Gen2/Gen3 descriptions......the marketplace did. To Glock it was just a Glock 17 or 19. The first Glock to carry a "Gen" marking was the Gen4.

Old January 28, 2020, 06:25 AM   #24
Brit

Dogtown Tom.

Same thing with the Gen3 "fishgill" slides and RTF2 grip texture. Did you know the production models that had the fish gill design was backwards? Difficult to get a good grip in loading by pulling the slide to the rear. Your fingers had a tendency to slip off.
But I carry it every day.
Old January 30, 2020, 11:22 PM   #25
gsparesa

Trail blazer this year is the Laugo Arms Alien 500. Striker fired, extreme low center of gravity so No muzzle flip, barrel does not move, only the side of the slide moves so sights don’t move, gas blowback operated, modular iron sites red dot sights etc, exchangeable grips and back straps and accurate. Thought those things would get your interests peaked. Those of you who live in a free state are very fortunate. Looks like a cool CZ mod to me.

Last edited by gsparesa; January 30, 2020 at 11:44 PM.
Closed Thread