The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old November 5, 2014, 09:27 PM   #26
Josh Smith

Most awesome. I have nothing against giving ol' Glenn a bit of money to shoot on his range time and again.

Last time I was shooting there, I was the yahoo who didn't know what the range flags were for. It was the first time I'd seen them and I was tinkering with my Mosin. One was up at the table I was using, and so I just left it.

I noticed the range had got quiet, and I looked up to see everyone staring at me tinkering with the Mosin. Someone asked me if I was OK and if they could proceed downrange.

I can count on two hands the number of times I've been to a public range in my life, and on one hand, the number of times I've shared it with folks I didn't know.

Otherwise, there's 100 yards to a berm behind my parents' house, and that's where I do most of my testing.

PM me next time you head that way if you want company, and I'll tag along if I can get away from Smith-Sights for a couple hours.

Josh