The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old August 24, 2008, 10:20 AM   #1
jclayto

Combining shipping on a C&R order?

I am going to finally give in and order myself a K31 on monday. All of the talk of the swiss stockpiles drying up makes me want to get one before prices go higher, plus.. they are just nice rifles.

I am thinking of getting a nagant 1895 revolver from the same dealer, do you guys know if I can have the shipping combined to save a few bucks? Seems like i remember something about handguns having to go overnight where as rifles can go ups ground, but I haven't ordered in so long I cannot remember.

Thanks to the Mod's for for putting up this forum, I have held a c&r for 6 years and am addicted to these interesting guns. It is nice to have a place to discuss the hobby.

P.S. Anyone know where the best price is on some 7.5 swiss ammo. I think the best I have found is match ammo for 4.95 per 10rnd box.
Old August 24, 2008, 02:43 PM   #2
Tidewater_Kid

You can not combine shipping on a handgun and a rifle. Two handguns, yes, two rifles yes. Handguns must go overnight to C&R holders. Careful on shipping as some places will stick it to you on the overnight shipping. I got a great deal on a TT-33 only to find they charged $40 for the shipping. GP11 ammo is easy to find, but the going rate now is pretty high for those that stock it. Sometimes you can find Prvi for the same price as GP11.

TK
Old August 24, 2008, 10:08 PM   #3
woad_yurt

An FFL dealer can ship a handgun by USPS for cheap. That's if they bother. C&R holders must use a common carrier and they'll only do it overnight. Fedex and UPS do charge around $40.
Old August 26, 2008, 10:19 PM   #4
johnwilliamson062

.50/shot is as good as I have been able to find also. Since those are 5 round boxes it seems they could offer a price break if I bought, say 100 of them.