The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 1, 2018, 09:24 AM   #1
TruthTellers

Primary Arms ACSS .22 LR scope

I have a Ruger Charger pistol that I'm putting a brace on and want to use the fixed 6x ACSS scope that's made by Primary Arms for this build. The concern I'm having is because the Charger has a 10 inch barrel, is that going to affect the bullet drop and make using an ACSS etched reticle scope inaccurate?

I'm only planning on shooting standard velocity CCI and CCI Velocitor ammunition through the gun for anything serious and will probably use CCI Standard exclusively at the range.
Old April 1, 2018, 09:49 AM   #2
Ricklin

Try a cheapie?

Might be your best bet at first. .22 scopes can be very cheap.

A little time at the range will tell you how much drop there is with the shorter tube.

If you are like me you have a drawer that might have what you need in it. I have a few take off scopes.
Old April 2, 2018, 03:53 PM   #3
TruthTellers

I do have a Mueller 4-14 AO scope that's not currently mounted to anything. I got it for a Marlin XT22 couple years ago, but found the rifle wasn't accurate enough and the scope too heavy, so I swapped it with a lighter Simmons .22 Mag (which is great btw.)

I'll test out the Charger's drop after I sight it in at 50 yards and go from there. I may just go with another Simmons as I like that it is adjustable from 3x to 9x, so I can use it for closer shots and still have a decent field of view.