The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old March 8, 2011, 08:50 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

I'm sick of the semi autos...

may seem like this is in the wrong section... butt

the main reason I'm sick of them stems from the fact I reload almost everything I shoot... I guess I'll shoot some 7.62 X 39 or some 10-22... but I don't reload those...

seems the handgun forums are all filled with people gushing the praises of thei favorite semis ( I try to buy one a year just so people don't think I'm prudish )... the rifle section... every other thread is AR this or that... I sold my AR long ago...

I'm not really that old & decrepid... but seems I've even been looking at practicality when everyone wants to post there SHTF posts... I'm thinking a magazine fed bolt action battle rifle would be something I'd prefer...

so... any like minds here in the reloading section sick of hearing about all these bottom feeders lately ???
Old March 8, 2011, 08:58 AM   #2
LordTio3

Honestly, a good Bolt-Action_Revolver Combination is more than adequate for about anything a citizen could encounter. Double Plus if you get a .357 Magnum revolver and lever action carbine to share ammo.

Personally, in a society that seems to value more highly the ability to "put rounds downrange", I find myself more and more in favor of the philosophy "Aim Careful, Punch Hard" that a good Bolt Action and Revolver tends to lend themselves to. I believe this is where these classic weapons have found a specific niche that semi autos won't ever be able to touch.

~LT
Old March 8, 2011, 09:05 AM   #3
PawPaw

I own a couple of semi-autos, but I own and carry more revolvers.

Call me a dinosaur. It's okay.

Even in rifles, I've never been enamored of the AR platform. I carried one as a tool for lots of years and after I retired I bought one, pretty much like the one I used with my Uncle. I'm in law enforcement, and it's still just a tool. When I pick up a rifle for play, it's not the AR. When I pick up a handgun for play, it's not the semi.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old March 8, 2011, 09:08 AM   #4
Mike Irwin
Staff

You're right.

Wrong section for a rant.

Closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread