The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 22, 2017, 06:54 AM   #1
Road_Clam

My cans released from jail !

Wow, what an AWESOME surprise ! Got 2 phone calls within 4 days that my form 4 stamps got approved! Some positive and interesting info I want to share if anyone is thinking suppressors. My advice do it NOW. Reason being is if the HPA passes it will be a wild frenzy of buying, suppressors will be out of stock for months possibly years. I bought and initiated my form 4's around 6/25/17 and just got the phone calls from my FFL's about a week ago. That's about 5-1/2 months, I was original hearing 8-9 months. What I was told by my FFL whom sells a lot of cans is the NCIS entities that approve form 4's have gone through a major revamp and funds were allocated for electronic data processing upgrades and expediting the form 4 process.

Anyways, I went with the Sig SRD762TI direct mount for .30 cal rifle, and the Revolution 45 for my FNX45T. Did a lot of pre purchase research and seems these were the best choices for what my intent was (specifically handloading subs)

Another odd an interesting comment is I purchased my cans 2 different ways with respect to submitting the $200 tax stamp fee. With the Sig can, I bought it directly from Sig and sent a check from me personally along with my app. With the Rev45 can, I purchased through my LGS and payed them an extra $200 and they sent a check on my behalf along with my app. For some strange reason the gov never cashed my personal check for the Sig can. I was getting very nervous something was wrong with my app and the app was delayed. People told me checks are cashed after about a month after mailing the app. Not sure what's going on with my check.

Last edited by Road_Clam; December 22, 2017 at 07:04 AM.
Old December 22, 2017, 09:14 AM   #2
9x19

Congrats, and now it's time for the fun.

Enjoy.
Old December 22, 2017, 08:51 PM   #3
Mobuck

trust or individual?
Old December 22, 2017, 09:08 PM   #4
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobuck
trust or individual?
Individual
Old December 27, 2017, 07:05 AM   #5
Mobuck

Looks like the difference between individual and trust is about 4-5 months.
Old December 29, 2017, 03:01 PM   #6
TrueBlue711

Congrats! That gives me great hope, since I applied for mine around the same time. Hopefully mine wasn't buried in another pile and forgotten about haha
Old January 4, 2018, 11:19 AM   #7
TrueBlue711

Road, do you know if your paperwork was the old version or the new version with bar codes on it? I know the bar codes are supposed to speed up the process a lot.
Old January 4, 2018, 01:43 PM   #8
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue711
Road, do you know if your paperwork was the old version or the new version with bar codes on it? I know the bar codes are supposed to speed up the process a lot.
I submitted my form 4's on the "old" application format, i'm totally blown away that I got my stamps within 5-1/2 months ! Next on my list as funds allow is a 22 rimfire can !
Old January 4, 2018, 05:02 PM   #9
TrueBlue711

Quote:
I submitted my form 4's on the "old" application format, i'm totally blown away that I got my stamps within 5-1/2 months !
That gives me even more hope for the near future. Like I mentioned, I submitted mine pretty much the same timeframe you did. I'll give my gun store a ring and see if they got some mail with my name on it haha