The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 26, 2012, 02:00 AM   #1
JesseLW

Beretta 92FS Accessory Wanted

I would like to acquire a SwissBianco Recoil Buffer for the Beretta 92FS.

This thread introduces and reviews the item:
http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=47067

I've emailed Roger Remund (SwissBianco) to place an order and received a prompt reply that he will not be back in the USA until June. Being that most who have ordered have done so for a quantity of greater than 1, add the fact that they have been reported to be extremely durable, and that I will be receiving my new Beretta 92FS far before June, I was hoping that someone may have an extra.

If anyone is able to provide me with one of these recoil buffers I would greatly appreciate it and compensation would be comparable or exceed the norm.

Thanks again, and this is a fantastic forum.

Jesse
Old April 26, 2012, 06:38 AM   #2
BoogieMan

First I heard of the buffer. I just sent them a request also. Would like to try them out.
Old April 26, 2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Don P

Quote:
I would like to acquire a SwissBianco Recoil Buffer for the Beretta 92FS.
Why do you feel you need a recoil buffer? I find the 92 to be one of the softest shooting 9 mm's
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old April 26, 2012, 11:17 AM   #4
BroKing

it certainly felt like a heavy gun
Old April 26, 2012, 07:10 PM   #5
Yung.gunr

From reading the other forum, it looks like it is to protect the firearm more then reducing recoil. Interesting...
Old April 26, 2012, 08:40 PM   #6
JesseLW

The folks over at berettaforum.net informed me that these are also being sold at Brownells but are currently on back order.

Stock # 100-004-729WB
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=3...fer-Beretta-92

I will most likely never see an actual need for this recoil buffer as I doubt I will ever put enough rounds through, use +P ammo, have lengthy shooting sessions, etc that may cause any damage.

I've only briefly handled the Beretta 92FS but when compared to the tension required to lock the slide of my Springfield XD .40 Tactical, the Beretta was like warm butter. The significantly less tension is part of the reason I would like to buffer that high speed collision of 2 hard materials. Disks in a spine come to mind when thinking of this particular recoil buffer.

The simplicity and cost effectiveness make it hard to pass up something that will ease the wear and provide a little extra felt recoil comfort.

Thanks to those who have replied.

Jesse
Old April 26, 2012, 11:18 PM   #7
radom

Just keep in mind that recoil buffers do reduce the recoil distance of slides and are well known to cause malfunctions with some guns including the so called never jam AK rifles. Seems to me they can be a search for a new problem.

Tags
92fs , beretta , beretta 92fs , recoil buffer , swissbianco