The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old August 31, 2010, 08:18 AM   #26
DrBundy

The OP doesn't seem to respond to any assistance or questions, but is willing to start new threads about it. Drive-by, perhaps?

~A
Old August 31, 2010, 08:28 AM   #27
Jim243

Kevin

You bought it at Cabelas, you have a 30 day return policy. Do it and exchange it for one that works. Quit screwing around.

Jim
Old August 31, 2010, 08:44 AM   #28
Major Beef

1) try a different ammo

2) exchange the gun, use same ammo
Old August 31, 2010, 08:46 AM   #29
Homerboy

So I guess every police department that issues or has issued Beretta's, plus the US military, are all being duped into buying an inferior product? If the M9 is such a POS, we would have heard MUCH more about them. And before you go on to say that Glocks are better, do a little bit of research. They are FAR from "perfection". MANY PD's have had issues with them, and the new gen 4 Glock is getting pretty crappy reviews.

25 years of continued service with the military, and tens of thousands of them ride or have ridden in police holsters, and tens of thousands more are carried and shot by civilians, and they are a piece of junk? Please.

The Glock 19 was issued to the NYPD back in the early 90's. They were one of three choices for new officers. They had serious issues, to the point that Glock sent a full time armorer to the police range, and every Glock was recalled for service. We're talking 20,000 pistols. Numerous phase 3 malfunctions in the street during shootouts, including by ESU officers (NYPD version of SWAT). I never trusted them since then, so I can see where your bias comes from. But I can guarentee you that whenever I say Glocks suck, I get smakced down by the overwhelming majority of users who swear by them. Kahr tells new owners of their product to spend $50-$100 on ammo before trusting their product, and 1911's have to be tuned and tweaked before they are reliable.

To the OP, send it back to Beretta. One thing I DO hate about Beretta is their customer service. You're gonna have to pay shipping on it. But the PX I owned was ultra reliable, just like every other semi auto I ever owned, EXCEPT that Glock 19 the PD issued to me. If Cabelas has that return policy, make a swap. I'll bet you have a much better experience with a new one.
Old August 31, 2010, 09:28 AM   #30
Mal H
Staff

Kchau586 - if you didn't get your questions answered please start a new thread on the topic. However, this one is locked. It got to the point of personal attacks which is not condoned on TFL.
Closed Thread

Tags
beretta , beretta 40 96d , beretta 40 s&w