The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 13, 2019, 12:32 AM   #26
Ibmikey

There are comments about stovepipes in the mag on the ez....I have three mags that operate just fine through many hundreds of rounds. In fact the pistol has performed flawlessly since I put it into operation and I consider it totally reliable. This is a really fun pistol to shoot.
Old February 13, 2019, 01:56 AM   #27
rural12

I looked at one for my daughter this past Saturday. It seems like a nice gun...I am going to take her in for a look later this week. She currently has a 9mm Shield that she struggles to manipulate the slide on.
Old February 13, 2019, 10:23 AM   #28
kmw1954

We do have one of the early model thumb safety guns that is listed on the recall list that we have not sent back yet. This one does stove pipe regularly. What we see is after the second to the last round is fired and ejected the very last round follows it up unfired and stove pipes. Standing straight up bullet pointed towards the sky.

With this gun it doesn't happen every time but probably about 50% and it happens with both magazines. So I do not know if this is a byproduct of the problem from the recall of if this is a whole different issue. But I too have been hearing that the newer releases do not exhibit this habit.

Tags
380 auto , 380 ez , m&p , s&w .380 , smith & wesson