The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 22, 2018, 01:29 AM   #1
ariescrown

Where can I Get a Taurus pt92 Magazine Extension

The two 17 shot magazines that came with my new pt92 have flat plate bottoms. I would like to dress them up with some nice plastic slide on extensions. Looking on line I see many Taurus magazine extensions but none for the pt92? Can anyone give me some Info. on this matter. Buying new 17 and 20 shot magazines with nice extensions are expensive and I don't need a third magazine. Thanks for your help.
Old January 22, 2018, 01:43 AM   #2
Venom1956

Probably look in to Beretta 92 extensions. Plastic isn't always better. you might wanna make sure they will hold up to abuse with some research first.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old January 22, 2018, 06:08 AM   #3
FrankenMauser

There aren't any.

If you want extensions, buy a newer handgun design.

Quote:
Probably look in to Beretta 92 extensions. Plastic isn't always better. you might wanna make sure they will hold up to abuse with some research first.
Beretta no longer makes extensions for the version that Taurus produces (it's out-dated).
Obsolete.
Dead-end.
Old technology.
End of the road.

You like irony?
I own a version of the Beretta 92 that is so old that I have to buy Taurus magazines to be able to have spare mags. ...But the Taurus magazine design is still 20+ years newer than my pistol -- while being massively obsolete in today's world.
Old January 22, 2018, 01:46 PM   #4
DPris
Member Emeritus

I like irony.
Denis