The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 1, 2013, 08:12 AM   #1
duelist1954

Dixon's 31st annual Gunmakers Fair

I had a great time last saturday at Dixon's 31st annual gunmakers' fair in Kempton, PA. I saw some beautiful flintlock guns and accouterments, I had a nice chat with Peter Alexander,the author of "The Gunsmith of Grenville County"...probably the best book ever on building flintlock rifles. I saw several old friends like Bruce Roberts, who is an outstanding multi-discipline craftsman and David Crispin, who is a professional flintlock rifle builder. I have camped with each of them. We made plans for some future 18th century camps.

I picked up a Lehigh County stock From Tiger Hunt, for my next project after the Bucks County rifle is finished. Got a great show price, and no shipping...too good to pass up.

Here's a short video on the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkaxIq-o2Xw
Old August 1, 2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Pahoo

Excellent !!!

That was absolutely, fantastic and really want to thank you for posting. My wife would understand why I'd spend a number of days at this Fair. I have already gleaned a number of ideas from these folks. These guys are the real thing. The horn work alone is worth the visit .....

Thanks and;
Be Safe !!!