The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 14, 2002, 09:32 PM   #26
Glamdring

Art, are you saying your a pest mystic? Like you can call up the ghosts of prairie dogs?? They have anything usefull to say? Is that were you get your ideas for varmint loads?

Old January 15, 2002, 09:46 PM   #27
HankL

Bush baby, Let me welcome you here as well.
I am not going to take the time to figure the energy in your 7x30 from your 14" pistol but it seems quite enough from your range and descriptions.
Everything else said aside, I will would like to offer the following from this past Saturday. Whitetail at 185 yds shot wiith .270 130 gr. Rem Silvertip. Bad shot by young kid. I had to pick up teeth and bone to help age the deer. The deer,3.5 year, 125 lb. doe, was dropped in it's track.
Running buck at 40 yds shot with 45/70 350 gr. while quartering away in the high shoulder. Good quality round nose at Ruger velocity took a right in the deer and headed South. The deer was thrown down right there but the track of the bullet, once in the animal, was not expected at all.