The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old December 21, 2008, 03:44 PM   #1
longrange08

What Is This?????

I HAVE A OLD BELGIAN REVOLVER I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WAS GIVEN TO ME WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IT IS ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT POSTED A PIC OF THE GUN AND ONE OF A PIECE OF PAPER ON WHICH I HAVE DRAWN THE MARKING OF THE GUN ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS GUYS
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/q...Image003-2.jpg
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/q...Image004-2.jpg
Old December 21, 2008, 05:13 PM   #2
SDC

It looks to be of the type known as a "Montenegrin" revolver (so-called because, at one time, the king of Montenegro (in the area of Bosnia and Serbia) ordered all of his male subjects over the age of majority to own one; naturally enough, pretty well every gun manufacturer that had some spare capacity began turning these out as fast as they could, because they had a guaranteed market). These should be chambered for the 11.75mm Montenegrin Revolver cartridge (long obsolete), and the Belgian manufacturer can probably be determined by the "name along an arrow" symbol, but I can't make it out well enough on your drawing.

Last edited by SDC; December 21, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old December 21, 2008, 05:36 PM   #3
longrange08

hey

thanks that seems to be it and along the arrow it has an A O B however the O has a black spot in the middle causing it to resemble a bullseye
Old December 21, 2008, 09:11 PM   #4
SDC

Found some more info; the crown over "MF" stands for Max Fliegenschmidt, of Liege, Belgium; see http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge...hmidt%20gb.htm