The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 5, 2000, 05:44 PM   #1
Noban

I'm looking for a nice single stage reloading package and the Hornady and RCBS packages both look to be well made with all the right starting gear.

Any thoughts on these two, and would you recommend another?

Noban
Old September 5, 2000, 06:11 PM   #2
rkmstr

I just got a Lock & Load and I love it. Really handy not having to screw dies in and out. I reload a couple of rifle cals and .357sig. I even pop my powder measure in and out of it instead of using a stand.

Gary
Old September 5, 2000, 06:59 PM   #3
solo

I own a RCBS Rockchunker and love it. I also bought a Lee turret press and it is horrible when compared to the Rockchunker.

I have not used Hornady equipment but I have talked to people who do and they love them. I don't think you will go wrong with either decision because they are both well built presses.
Old September 6, 2000, 08:20 PM   #4
trlmech

I've been happy with my Rockchucker for 20 years but I am thinking about buying the bushing kit Hornady sells to convert it to the lock and load system.rkmstr may have just convinced me to go ahead.I know RCBS customer service is excellant, they recently replaced free the spent primer catcher I told them I had lost.Agree you won't go wrong either way,is red or green your favorite color?
Old September 6, 2000, 08:30 PM   #5
rkmstr

trimech

The Rockchucker is as good a press as there is I had one for years. Passed it on and got the Lock N Load because of the system. Convert yours if you can, it is really handy and seems to be holding up. No problems so far about 5,000 rds.

Gary
Old September 6, 2000, 10:03 PM   #6
BIGR

Rock Chucker all the way.......It is built heavy duty.
Old September 7, 2000, 01:29 AM   #7
Pete in CO

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Noban:
I'm looking for a nice single stage reloading package and the Hornady and RCBS packages both look to be well made with all the right starting gear.

Any thoughts on these two, and would you recommend another?

Noban
[/quote]

Get RCBS all the way. Then add a set of benchrest Forster Dies with the separate Ultimate Micro Bullet Seater Forster has. I think you will be pleased with the selection. The lock and load is rather junky and the ram isnot as big as the Rcbs Rockchucker. My 2 cents, Pete