The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 4, 2019, 07:21 PM   #51
1MoreFord

My compact 9mm is a Sig P250C and my sub-compact is a P290RS. Both are very nice DAO pistols but sadly discontinued.

I also have a Browning HP that while is considered a full size service pistol by some armies carries more like a compact albeit a heavy one.

Last edited by 1MoreFord; September 4, 2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old September 5, 2019, 07:26 AM   #52
lapetrarca53

Love my CPX-3. Came with three double stack makes (one with an extended baseplate) and a 25% off discount for an Armalaser that I took advantage of.

I own both a Shield and a Ruger and, while they're great guns, the SCCY was considerably less even after adding the laser. Also, the lifetime warranty applies to the firearm regardless of the owner.

Very well designed and manufactured.
Old September 5, 2019, 11:17 AM   #53
Armybrat

Kahr compacts are nice quality pistols.
Slimmer & smaller than most others.
Old September 8, 2019, 09:25 AM   #54
Auto5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Gun View Post
Both the Kimber Solo and the Sig P290RS have been 100% reliable in my experience.
Sadly, that hasn't been my experience with the Solo. I carry a SIG P365 now.
Old September 8, 2019, 02:33 PM   #55
Bill DeShivs

It's still hard to beat the Keltec PF-9.
Tiny, flat, reliable, inexpensive.
Old September 8, 2019, 11:32 PM   #56
dyl

I thought I should add this

Since you have a snub nose revolver of some sort, see if this holds true for you too: with certain pairs of pants, I do end up carrying my j-frame revolver despite owning a Kahr CM9. Why a revolver? The angle of the grip is more slanted forward (like people complain with Glocks). With pants like jeans with a horizontal opening to the pocket, if I were to withdraw a semi-auto pistol with a full firing grip, all my knuckles would have to come out at once which is sometimes impossible when I have a fist full of pistol grip. Jeans pockets and their openings are tight. I don't like them. But with my fist canted forward as in when holding a revolver grip, first the knuckle of my pinky comes out, then my fourth finger, then third, and so on. I can actually withdraw my fist full of BANG from my tight pocket with a proper firing grip.

So no matter what you decide, you may still end up going back to your revolver on occasion.
Old September 9, 2019, 08:53 AM   #57
Carmady

I have CM9 and like it a lot. I never even think about another 9mm pistol for ccw. It works just fine with a kydex iwb holster.
Old September 9, 2019, 02:00 PM   #58
psantos

Walther PPS M2, amazing bargain, for the price.

Smith Shield, but the Walther is superior.

Best bet find a local gun range, shoot a few different models

Also Glock slimline
Old September 9, 2019, 04:59 PM   #59
rodfac

I'll recommend the Sig 365, mine (with a Feb'19 build date) has been 100% reliable through 1150 rounds now...My hand loads with LSWC's, FMJ's and commercial JHPS...100%. The Sig forums report on problems has virtually dried up.

The gun sports 10+1 carry capacity, is readily packable in OWB, AIWB, and even pocket carry. Accuracy is superb for a gun this size...~1" groups with mine from 10 yds slow fire. Part of that accuracy is due to the trigger, a striker type, that's good right out of the box. Mine breaks at just over 5 lbs with zero creep. Sights: it's got good tritium night sights and a big green dot surround for day use...I love 'em.

I've carried a variety of guns over the years from alloy framed Colt Commanders to S&W revolvers of the M60, & M637 variety. But this P365 is my current choice for a CCW piece. For the above reasons, I doubt you could do better. And I paid $470 + tax for mine at a local cop shop.

Below check out the 10 shot group I made from the 10 yard line, slow fire from a Weaver stance...the gun's very accurate.

Best regards, Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.