The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old August 25, 2019, 06:38 PM   #1
shurshot

Cimarron Frontier engraved "Colt" .45?

Anyone own the engraved nickel model? How is the fit and finish? Does it shoot well? Bud's has it (4"5/8 nickel, engraved, "Ivory" (polymer) grips, listed as an Uberti, but from what I have read elsewhere, Pietta makes them...??
Are these any better than the old EMF Dakota / Armi Jager Colt copies?? I had one, a long barrel .45 Calvry EMF Dakota in the early 90's, great squirrel/ plinker, it worked well, but the fit and finish was a bit rough. Had to sell it many moons ago due to the ex, but that's another story. How does the Cimarron nickel Frontier (whomever makes it?), compare as far as quality, fit and finish? I may pick one up as a truck gun.

Last edited by shurshot; August 25, 2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old August 25, 2019, 07:24 PM   #2
Pahoo

Mine was very good

It really comes down to who made it as oppose to the importer. Mine was made by Hamerli. The gun and bow, will state who made it. The quality was there as well as the service. Nothing but good to say about it but it had a transfer bar as oppose to the C.O.L.T. clicks. I can only assume that regardless, they are all good. …

Be Safe !!!
Old August 28, 2019, 09:40 AM   #3
COSteve

Uberti replaced the transfer bar on their Cattleman SA pistol with a 'Safety Firing Pin' version in 2016, however, they still don't have the 4 "C.O.L.T." clicks the older Uberti Cattleman pistols had.