The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 18, 2008, 03:17 AM   #1
Firepower!

Gun fight at park

Five days ago we had a gun fight in the center of the capital city. It took less than three minutes for the entire incident. The opposing party fired pistol shot at our car, where upon ak fire was returned and escaped the scene. We went to the police station and filed a report. Police assistant sub inspector was ordered to accompany us to the location the where the culprit were sitting. Our job was to identify the culprit so police can take further action. When we reached the premises the culprits became aware and immediately starting shooting again while trying make an escape. The sub inspector fled the scene and no police units were sent. Thus we took situation in our hands and returned fire with 6 M4 and 6 Ak47. Under the fire cover we aprehanded the culprits, forced them into the trunk (2 of them) and deposited them back at the station.

Result police pressed charges agaisnt us for kidnapping the culprits and bringing them to station. Took twevle hours for us iron out police and crooks within.

Lesson: do not go the park under armed!
Old September 18, 2008, 03:37 AM   #2
B. Lahey

Yowza. That's pretty honkey tonkin', glad to hear you avoided perforations.

Makes me appreciate the fact that we have cops that will do that stuff for us over here.
Old September 18, 2008, 03:46 AM   #3
BikerRN

Is this part of a fiction novel you're writing?

As far as going to a park "under-armed". If I knew I was going to need a gun I wouldn't go there.

Biker
Old September 18, 2008, 04:24 AM   #4
HiBC

I know a gunsmith who had an intercom in his shop.He was being robbed(guns,that might kill people,were being stolen)
He intevened with a shotgun,and handcuffed the offenders to his post vise.Then he called the sheriff.He had to deal with kidnapping charges.
1) I accept that life ain't fair
2) I accept that if I introduce a gun to any situation involving people I will likely suffer prosecution,even if it is self defense.
3) I figure shooting back to stay alive is OK,then I'll deal with it as a survivor.
4) If I arm myself and head back into a situation,unless it is to stop a capitol crime in progress,I will be prosecuted
You somewhat have my sympathy,but the vigilante/posse thing just doesn't work for the average district attorney.
Avoid,avoid,avoid.No other option? OK,whack em. You had other options.
Old September 18, 2008, 05:31 AM   #5
rampage841512

Right. Sure.
Old September 18, 2008, 06:07 AM   #6
B. Lahey

Is it one of these? What the heck is a dacoit?

Quote:
Four get award for foiling dacoity bid
Saturday, September 13, 2008
By Our crime correspondent

Rawalpindi

Regional Police Officer Nasir Khan Durrani Friday awarded commendation certificates to four citizens for exhibiting extraordinary courage and bravery in arresting bandits during a dacoity attempt in Westridge.

Those who awarded include Muhammad Imran, Muhammad Nawaz, Muhammad Akhtar and Haji Zahid Ali who had intercepted dacoits while hitting a house on wee hours of Thursday.

Four dacoits held a passer-by at gun point when he was walking to his uncle’s house located in the same street and tied his arms and legs with ropes and later asked him to guide them to his uncle Asif’s house.

The dacoits as entered his house Asif woke up and took out his gun while women of the family started shouting to attract people’s attention to seek their help.

Meanwhile, people of the area were gathered out the house of Asif and cordoned off the gangsters.

The dacoits started firing and tried to escape from the scene but as a result of counter firing, a dacoit was gunned down while the other, identified as Anwar, was later handed over to the area police in critical condition.
Quote:
Six ‘dacoits’ arrested in capital
Saturday, September 13, 2008
By Our crime correspondent

Islamabad

The Shehzad Town Police Friday arrested six gunmen, who according to police, were assembled at a place with the intention of committing dacoity and recovered loaded pistols from them.

The police upon receiving information that seven accused are present at a deserted place near green area of Boota Darbar and planning to commit dacoity in the area. Taking action, DSP Shehzad Town Muhammad Ishaq Warraich constituted a team headed by SHO Arshad Ali Khokhar, Mubarak Ali SI and other officials to conduct the raid. The team promptly conducted raid and arrested six suspects on the spot identified as Syed Tahir Hussain, son of Tanvir Ali, resident of Khanna Dak, Islamabad, Imran Rafi, son of Muhammad Rafi, Rawalpindi, Malik Imran, son of Muhammad Sher, Sadiqabad, Yousaf Khan, son of Junaid Khan, Madina Town, Mukhtiar Ahmed, son of Abdur Rashid of Abbottabad and Tariq Mehmood, son of Muhammad Farooq of Bilal Town.

The police held them and also recovered weapons from their possession. During interrogation, the suspects have confessed that they committed a number of dacoities in the area. Police has registered the case under sections 399/402 PPC, AO-13/20/65 against the suspects and started investigation.
Old September 18, 2008, 06:41 AM   #7
KLRANGL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacoity

Dacoit - Hindi for bandit...

Last time I checked, I go to the park to enjoy the beautiful outdoors, not worry about having to return fire with an AK

On the gross assumption your story has any basis in fact (which I doubt), where does returning fire with 6 (six!?!?) M4s and 6 (six!?!?) AKs seem like a good idea, especially when you had a proven egress route? The incompetence of police forces or not, just get yourself outa there man...
Old September 18, 2008, 06:54 AM   #8
Keltyke

Quote:
Lesson: do not go the park under armed!
That reads like a bad Mickey Spillane dime novel. I ain't buying it.
Quote:

The opposing party fired pistol shot at our car, where upon ak fire was returned and escaped the scene.
Your car returned fire with an AK??? What are you, Green Beret?

Quote:
We went to the police station and filed a report.
So everyone missed and you calmly drove to the local precinct house to make a report, instead of staying on the scene and calling the cops like you should have?
Quote:
Police assistant sub inspector was ordered to accompany us to the location the where the culprit were sitting.
Shots fired and they sent ONE cop? That's not even remotely believable.

Quote:
When we reached the premises the culprits became aware and immediately starting shooting again while trying make an escape.
They fired on a cop and the place wasn't flooded with blue lights in about 30 seconds? Nope.

Quote:
The sub inspector fled the scene and no police units were sent.
Science fiction.

Quote:
Thus we took situation in our hands and returned fire with 6 M4 and 6 Ak47.
So your party had 6 assault rifles? (I don't know what an "M4" is.) Bull.
Quote:
Under the fire cover
"Under fire cover"? Where'd you learn to talk like that, watching Vietnam movies?

Don't feed the troll, boys.
Old September 18, 2008, 07:06 AM   #9
cbm1948

Quote:
That reads like a bad Mickey Spillane dime novel. I ain't buying it.
Entertaining to read but I have to agree with Keltyke 100%

Clint
Old September 18, 2008, 07:08 AM   #10
B. Lahey

What I want to know is what the heck a lawyer was doing participating in a spur of the moment commando raid? You couldn't hire some young guys to do that sort of work? Did you spend all your money on $7,000 Glocks?

If y'all doubt Firepower!, read the local news from Islamabad. I just did, there are several dozen papers with online English editions.

Wild west.
Old September 18, 2008, 07:18 AM   #11
ringworm

you'll have to excuse us here in the good old USA.
when we hear park we think...

not...
Old September 18, 2008, 07:19 AM   #12
TwoXForr

Thanks for the laughs, read this and just smiled, and if you were here I would pat you on the head and go, that is a nice story.
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream.
Old September 18, 2008, 08:01 AM   #13
B.A.

Quote:
What I want to know is what the heck a lawyer was doing participating in a spur of the moment commando raid?
My thoughts exactly.

Firepower,
Do you possibly have your pronouns mixed up, meaning "they" but writing "we"?
And if you were there, what role did you actually play in the drama?
Not trying to discredit you, but would be interested to know more about the context and details.

I'm not surprised this sort of thing happens on regular basis in Pakistan. Down here we've got an ongoing saga of some cops who kidnapped a group of gemstone dealers, took them out and executed them in the suburbs. For you foreigners' reference, a google search turned up:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

(Now let's see if I managed to do that quote thing correctly...)
Old September 18, 2008, 10:43 AM   #14
Firepower!

Chief,
It was spur of the moment action since here when a friend is in trouble we help first and ask questions later.

Things got out of hand when the guards started shooting. The plan was to force the other party to police station, but the sub inspector fled and it turned out to be a mess.

I am a lawyer, but my friends are some what crazy and they expect you hang with them when %^&* happens.

I know its hard for many to believe there in US.
Old September 18, 2008, 10:48 AM   #15
Keltyke

Quote:
I know its hard for many to believe there in US.
Sorry "Chief", your post never mentioned WHERE this happened. I guess when you live in the jungle...
Old September 18, 2008, 11:59 AM   #16
CWO4USCGRET

Between a rock and a hard spot?

Thank you for the post Firepower. Kidnapping charges? I can see where it is possible; one of the elements of kidnapping is to move someone from a location with force and against their will. No matter what country one lives in there are criminals and there are those who do good for the benefit of the the populous. Thanks for trying to make your capital a safer place.

Guys I am going to go out on a limb here and say something some of you will not like and some of you will.

When I joined The Firing Line I was given the ability to provide personal information - where I live, what I do for a living, etc. Firepower's post clearly shows that this is truly an international forum; amazing, the internet brings us from all over, with diversity and different values and views on life. When I read the post it was obvious to me that the poster lived in a foreign country but when I checked his profile I didn't see where he was from. I suspect that if Firepower listed his physical location some of the people who belong to TFL would make even worse comments and totally discount the poster and his post. There is too much prejudice and hate in the world; we don't need it on a disucssion board where we all share the same common interests of guns.

The only problem I see is that Firepower! is an attorney...

Where's that list of lawyer jokes.
Old September 18, 2008, 12:06 PM   #17
New_Pollution1086

That is intense, is stuff like this a regular occurrence where you reside?

T
- T. Boone Pickens
Old September 18, 2008, 12:12 PM   #18
Keltyke

The only REAL problem is people who assume how others will react. I suspect if the OP had said WHERE this happened, his post would have been received with less skepticism and treated with more respect.
Old September 18, 2008, 12:45 PM   #19
SGT-MILLER

Glad to hear you made it out without any injuries/deaths. Stay safe and stay frosty.
Old September 18, 2008, 12:45 PM   #20
Stagger Lee

Just for argument's sake...how do we know that "Firepower" (or anyone else here) isn't just some teenager in Ohio? It is the internet, after all...
Old September 18, 2008, 12:46 PM   #21
SGT-MILLER

All I have to say is innocent until proven guilty..that is the American way.
Old September 18, 2008, 01:02 PM   #22
SilentHitz

Quote:
but when I checked his profile I didn't see where he was from. I suspect that if Firepower listed his physical location some of the people who belong to TFL would make even worse comments and totally discount the poster and his post.
Only a few...Firepower has already posted on this forum that he is from Pakistan. Their parks ( among other places) aren't as peaceful as those in the states...not by a long shot.
Old September 18, 2008, 01:08 PM   #23
Playboypenguin

This thread is a huge joke, right? It sure does give all of us a black eye if taken seriously. :barf:
Old September 18, 2008, 01:11 PM   #24
SilentHitz

Quote:
This thread is a huge joke, right?
One way to find out, spend a few months in Pakistan and see what it's like there.
Old September 18, 2008, 01:14 PM   #25
Relayer

Wow. We walk around with our SP-101s, Glocks 22sl, and 1911s... you fellows are out toting AK47s and M4s. That's firepower.

How many deceased in all that shooting?
Closed Thread