The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old June 7, 1999, 09:57 PM   #1
Grayfox

At the end of every thread there is a box marked "Hop To [forum of your choice] GO". Up until now it has always been preset to whatever forum that particular thread was in. I've gotten used to reaching the end of the thread and simply clicking "GO" to return to that forum page and select the next topic.
Today, they all read "Select a forum" and I have to select one to move on. I hate to sound lazy, but I'm a creature of habit and keep hitting the "GO" button without thinking. Which gets me a page that says I must select a forum. This is becoming annoying. Is this a glich or is it supposed to be like this in our new home? If it is supposed to be this way, I vote to change it back. What's the story?
Old June 7, 1999, 11:21 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Grayfox-
This is progress, I guess. I don't write the software, I only license it. When a new release is offered I upgrade the Board.

We do our very best to make sure that everyone understands the system, that we work thru the dozen or so "My password's not working" emails per day, that we provide the fastest servers we can find and that we monitor every single thread to maintain civility.

Occasionally we disappoint. Please don't take it personally.
Rich
Old June 8, 1999, 06:32 PM   #3
HankL

Rich, You maintain one fine board. UBB is pretty user friendly and all of us "Old Far@s will figure it out. Changes to us are sort of like when you come home from a long hunting trip and find that your wife has moved the furniture around!Keep up the good work!
Hank
Old June 8, 1999, 08:58 PM   #4
Grayfox

Hey Rich,
I'm not taking it personal. Just curious. Like I said, I'm a creature of habit (mostly bad ones). I just wanted to bring it to your attention.
Old June 8, 1999, 09:36 PM   #5
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Hank-
I am one of those old, uh, guys.

Grayfox-
Reread my post. Depite the smiley, it comes off a bit frustrated. I was! Sorry.

To err is human,
To forgive is.... to become a backshot pistolero?

Rich Lucibella
6/8/99