The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 26, 2017, 12:57 AM   #1
AzShooter

22/45 back from Ruger

Today I got my Ruger Mark IV 22/45 back from ruger after they did the Safety Recall and replaced my barrel.

Fantastic service. Shipping took the longest time, two days there and only one day for the return. They only had the gun for one day. My barrel was sliding in the receiver and I started to get a lot of ammo with not enough pressure to send the slide back all the way.

Since I had a Volquartsen Trigger Kit installed I had to take it all out to send it back. I just sent all the parts in a plastic baggie. Ruger sent a not back that you shouldn't take them apart as far as I did.

They wanted two magazines so they could test the gun after the work. I only got one magazine back and called today to verify they would send the other mag and the new one for having the recall work done.

Great customer service if you ask me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back from factor black.jpg (186.9 KB, 50 views)
Old July 26, 2017, 09:50 PM   #2
Model12Win

Well I'm glad it worked out for you!
Old July 27, 2017, 01:42 AM   #3
Sevens

In my opinion, it's ludicrous that they would request -ANY- magazines at all, let alone that they request two of them.

Is there any place on the planet that has more 22/45 magazines than Ruger? They don't have one (or 1,500) they can use for testing?

Is it far fetched to imagine that it makes more sense to NOT send any mags so they don't actually lose one (AS THEY DID?!)

I'll have to disagree with you... I'd term your customer service experience a fast one for sure, but excellent is a term I'd reserve.

When I started getting in to firearms three decades ago I never dreamed that it would be -so- easy to beta-test new products! Then again, I never dreamed that you'd have to buy the product to get that (unpaid) job. It does at least seem like the recalled Ruger Mk IV is being handled better than the (oughta be recalled) S&W Victory.

No worries, I'll keep buying older stuff.
Old July 27, 2017, 09:28 AM   #4
kenny53

While Rugers Quality has dropped over the past few years their Customer Service has been top notch. I do agree with Sevens about buying older stuff. I try and buy from private sales. I like the picture of your gun. I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment.