The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old July 6, 2016, 06:07 PM   #1
TrueBlue711

FS2000 upgrades

Ever since the Tavor came out, pretty much every other bullpup out there became old news. I have owned my FS2000 since before the Tavor became available and I will admit, I wish I waited. However, I wanted to share what upgrades I did to mine to make it a better rifle. And all for about $175! If you're an FS2000 owner, I'd suggest doing these upgrades and you'll love your rifle a lil more. I attached the pic, but here's what I did:
1.) Put on adhesive pistol grips on the pistol grip and forend. Took away all the "slick" or "slippery" feel. Cost about $15-$20. Grip tape or whatever you want. Easy to find.
2.) Neu-trigger upgrade. Small metal tab that you can put in your trigger pack for a slightly smoother trigger pull. About $25. I found mine on gunbroker.
3.) Not in the pic, but the JudoChop extended charging handle. Much easier to grab the charging handle and operate it now. Plus it's aluminum. Here's where I got it: https://www.bullpuparmory.com/FS2000...-fs2000-ch.htm $60 but if you can find it cheaper, good on you.
4.) Probably the most important upgrade! The Neu Trigger upgrade helped, but the trigger pull was still huge. K&M Aerospace advertised taking the trigger pull down to about 5lbs (factory trigger pull is about 9 to 10 lbs). I was skeptical, but went with it and I am blown away! The trigger feels as light as an AR trigger now. $55 and a week turnaround was absolutely worth it. http://www.kmaerospace.com/FS2000.shtml
5.) Totally optional and not needed, but got a sling attachment for about $20. http://www.urbanertslings.com/fn-f-f...rness-adapter/

And that's it! Not many upgrades you really can do, but these made the rifle night and day different than out of the box. I want to get a different muzzle brake, but would have to drill out the pin holding in the factory muzzle brake. Any input for pursuing that? Also, if you have other upgrades you've done I didn't mention, please post them up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FS2000v2.jpg (92.6 KB, 106 views)
Old July 12, 2018, 11:44 AM   #2
TrueBlue711

I know this is an old post, but I further upgraded the ol' FS2000. Removed the muzzle device with a dremel tool and replaced it with a flash hider from Silencerco (so I can put my suppressor on it). Then found a guy who 3D prints the forends and went with the one that looks and feels kind of like the PS90's grip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FS2000.1.jpg (54.2 KB, 250 views)
Old July 12, 2018, 08:55 PM   #3
Dobe

The Big Tuna. I have one too. I never shot it, and picked up a Tevor. I hope in 10 years the FS2000 will be a collectible, and I can recoup my money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old July 12, 2018, 09:48 PM   #4
imashooter

Sounds like great upgrades. Good job.
Old July 13, 2018, 04:08 AM   #5
mellow_c

I've just gotta say, I think it's great that you found the will and put in the thought and research to upgrade your fs2000 to your standards. A Tavor might be more user friendly right off the bat i suppose, but your rifle has a lot going for it!

The fact that I haven't seen one anywhere since they were first introduced makes it just that much cooler I think, while I've seen the occasional Tavor out and about. Having something that no one else does is always fun.

I also really like your color combination. For an FS2000 it looks really good! The PS90 grip takes away for the styling from my point of view, and I suspect id probably prefer the feel of the stock grip. But if you like it that's what counts.

You're over all set up also sounds and looks about perfect. The height of the aimpoint, and all the upgrades leads me to believe it would be a very shootable rifle.

I hope you're as happy with it as I think you should be. I think you did well and congratulate you for owning something so original and effective.

Pretty cool!
Old July 13, 2018, 10:44 AM   #6
TrueBlue711

Quote:
The PS90 grip takes away for the styling from my point of view
I agree, the origional stock looks better. But the fwd grip definitely makes the gun handle and feel better, in my hands at least.

What's nice about all of these upgrades is I can return the rifle to factory stock configuration fairly quickly...excluding the muzzle device.