The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old September 22, 2012, 07:58 PM   #1
KyJim

Evil LGS Guy Strikes

Yep, I've been reading too many of Aarondhgraham's posts.

I had an errand to run that took me right by my favorite LGS. I was going to pass it up but thought I would pop in for a minute. Mistake # 1. As I was perusing the used revolver display, I saw what I knew to be a Colt revolver on the bottom. I bent down to take a look. Mistake #2.

I asked the clerk to let me look at the Colt at the bottom. He grabbed a nickle one but I wanted to take a look at the blue one next to it and told him.

He handed me the nickle one anyway (Trooper MK III) and said, "Try the trigger on this one first." Not bad but it just didn't turn my crank. Then he handed me the blue one and said, "Try this one now." I did. BIG MISTAKE.

I just about wet myself. I've only felt one gun with a trigger that good before, my Colt Officer's Model Match from 1956. Turns out this was a Colt Trooper a/k/a "the poor man's Python." It has a little muzzle wear but, otherwise, the bluing was strong all over and the target grips are in very good condition.

I said, "I'll take it. And you notice I didn't haggle at the price." He knocked some off anyway and I put it in layaway until Friday. Can't wait to put some rounds through it.

For more history on it, there's a thread here on TFL, especially DFarisWheel's post. http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209077

Tags
colt , colt trooper , trooper