The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 6, 2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Arioch

I could use some help finding odd ammo

I'm looking for 12mm GyroJet ammunition. The last batch I found was back abou 6 years ago. Any thoughts on who might have some?
Old June 6, 2006, 01:49 PM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

The best source of oddball ammo I'm aware of is Old Western Scrounger. Don't recall the website offhand though. I'm not sure they'd even have that though. I've only seen boxes of that a couple of times in over 25 years of going to gunshows etc. What I have seen is insanely expensive also.
Are you actually shooting it?
Old June 8, 2006, 10:53 PM   #3
sck

There generally are a few rounds of Gyrojet at the OGCA show, (Wilmington, OH--in a couple of weeks) and National Gun Day in (Louisville, KY--this weekend I think). I get to go to both sometimes, but unfortunately I'm not going to get to either this time. Find someone who is close and have them check into it for you. But be prepared to provide some sort of payment up front. I doubt that many folks will carry the tab for you. I've seen founds go for as little as $12 and as much as $85. Best of luck -- Steve
Old June 9, 2006, 10:29 AM   #4
Arioch

The last time I bought some it was $12 to $15 a round, and I did shoot 2 to confirm they were still live. I'd be willing to go higher for a good lot of more than a dozen rounds or so.