The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 9, 2018, 01:48 PM   #1
maillemaker

Ball Accuracy - 2 years and no revolver returned. Buyer Beware.

In October of 2016 I attended my first Nationals. I was interested in getting my Uberti New Model Remington accurized. I settled on Ball Accuracy and left my Uberti with him at his booth on 10/7/2016. I have the receipt from this transaction.

I asked when the revolver would be ready, and I was told "probably by the next Nationals."

As the next Nationals approached, I called and got an answer, and was told that he was having trouble procuring barrels and hoped to get some at the Nationals.

Our team went to the Spring 2018 Nationals, and so I called Ball Accuracy many times prior to check on the status and to arrange to pick it up at the Nationals. I stated in voice mail (when the mailbox was not full) that I wanted to pick it up, done or not. I called and emailed several times with no response prior to the Nationals.

At the Spring 2018 Nationals, a teammate witness and I went to the Ball Accuracy Booth, where Mr. Ball was found. I introduced myself, and he said, "Oh, you're the guy who has been calling!" Which indicates that in fact he was receiving my messages, and simply decided not to respond to them. I asked him when my revolver would be ready, which he had had for a year and a half by that point. He said, "The second week of July".

I called back the second week of July, and received no answer, and his voice mail box was full. I sent an email, and it went unanswered. At that time his web site said he was moving and would be in in August.

On September 26th I called again and left a voice mail, which was not answered. I also sent an email, which also went unanswered.

It is now October 9th, so it is now 2 years since Ball Accuracy has had my revolver. I called today, and his voice mail box is full.

Their website is now defunct, as the domain has expired.

http://www.ball-accuracy.com/

At this point I am concluding that I have been ripped off. I would not recommend Ball Accuracy to anyone.

Steve
Old October 9, 2018, 11:03 PM   #2
bedbugbilly

Steve - it's been years since I shot N-SSA, but if this guy has a booth at the Nationals, it seems like you could get in touch with one of the officers of the Association and fill them in on your experience. You've got your receipt as well as a witness and while I can understand a hold-up if he was having issues getting parts, barrels, etc. - but 2 years? If it was me, I'd be hopping mad.

If the Association can't put some pressure on him, then maybe it's time to find out his new address and give one last call to him - if he doesn't 'produce", then call the Prosecuting Attorney for the county he lives in and explain the situation to them. If I understand you correctly, he has your pistol . . . has had it two years and done nothing . . . . seems a little fraud like to me.

Other long time folks who have booths at the Nationals and do gun work do it in a timely manner. Sounds like this guy needs a "wake up call".
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old October 10, 2018, 10:28 AM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

What Bedbugbilly suggested.
Old October 13, 2018, 11:36 AM   #4
woodnbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
Steve - it's been years since I shot N-SSA, but if this guy has a booth at the Nationals, it seems like you could get in touch with one of the officers of the Association and fill them in on your experience. You've got your receipt as well as a witness and while I can understand a hold-up if he was having issues getting parts, barrels, etc. - but 2 years? If it was me, I'd be hopping mad.

If the Association can't put some pressure on him, then maybe it's time to find out his new address and give one last call to him - if he doesn't 'produce", then call the Prosecuting Attorney for the county he lives in and explain the situation to them. If I understand you correctly, he has your pistol . . . has had it two years and done nothing . . . . seems a little fraud like to me.

Other long time folks who have booths at the Nationals and do gun work do it in a timely manner. Sounds like this guy needs a "wake up call".
I agree with everything you’ve posted except I wouldn’t make another call unless it was to the district attorney or his local LE agency. The fraud is pretty obvious, if he intended to do the right thing he’s had two flipping years to do it. He’s never going to make it right. That’s plain to see.
Old November 10, 2018, 04:02 PM   #5
globemaster3

Another thought:

As of today, when I clicked on the link, it went to an active site and under contacts, it shows his physical address as 182 Second Streed Highspire PA. If you live close enough to drive, or know someone well enough to trust them, perhaps a visit could either produce your pistol or serve as a final chance before stopping by the local law enforcement agency with your evidence to file a complaint.

If you live too far away for that, then sounds like a call to the local law enforcement agency might be in order.

Any way you cut it, best of luck and share what happens.

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."