The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 15, 2009, 09:59 PM   #51
CK_32

Just signed up =]
Old June 16, 2009, 12:31 PM   #52
gungho84

Me too. My dad, mom, and older brother have been members for several years. Time I joined the ranks as well.
Old June 21, 2009, 11:33 AM   #53
OnTheFly

Trying to save $ for shooting...Is there a way to link this to an existing membership to extend it for another year?

Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...
Old June 22, 2009, 09:35 PM   #54
fleeterhousen

thanks for posting -- just signed up
Old July 9, 2009, 11:43 PM   #55
SAIGAFISH

I also signed up for two years .its been almost two weeks
i was wondering how long it takes for some response or confirmation.anyone know
Old July 10, 2009, 10:25 PM   #56
ChancePendergrass

Wow I Just Payed For A Year Subscription And I Found This :barf:
Old July 31, 2009, 07:24 AM   #57
MrGaryFish

Got my stuff

I got my stuff today in the mail, didn't see anything about a magazine. It came with a couple stickers and the membership card. It's been about 6 weeks since I filled it out.
Old August 11, 2009, 02:49 PM   #58
SAIGAFISH

were,s my pocket knife

i signed up for two years and its now been two monthes and no notice
membership.????? paid for two years supossed to get three.
Old September 1, 2009, 12:13 PM   #59
c.j.sikes

Nra membership

I HAVE BEEN A LIFE MEMBER FOR YEARS. i think it is a great help to all of us who believe in keeping your freedom. omly those who have lost it really understand . i will back them 100%. cjs
Old September 1, 2009, 01:31 PM   #60
SoupieXX75

I got my card, and about three days later got my knife. It took about 6 weeks or so... The knife is nothing snazzy, but what can you expect?? It's a NPO!
Old September 2, 2009, 03:20 PM   #61
CK_32

i signed up not too long ago and all iv gotten was junk mail from it..
Old September 5, 2009, 10:17 PM   #62
gawoodsman

thanks for posting. just jioned myself
Old September 6, 2009, 11:44 AM   #63
mdvaden

Thanks for the link.

Other than a few extra letters coming in, looks like a fair offer.
Old September 7, 2009, 09:20 PM   #64
Ballenxj

Thanks for posting this, but I don't need a trial membership. I'm a dues paying member already.
Good deal for those wanting to check the NRA out for the first time though.
-Bruce
Old October 24, 2009, 09:24 PM   #65
sigelitest

I don’t agree with the NRA’s mailing tactics (they have sent me some stuff where if I didn’t send it back I got a bill) I know they are the only ones fighting for our rights I wish there were other groups out there to represent us also.
I send them extra money every time I buy a new gun. Everyone who has firearms should support groups that are looking out for our interests.
Old October 25, 2009, 10:54 PM   #66
raymerlo

free nra

to those of you who complain that they send to much mail asking for support,
you are the reason why because it's the people that have been joining and paying to protect they're gun rights are also carrying you but you all own firearms and do not carry your own weight but whine because you get mail asking for donations to keep us all owning firearms
Old November 24, 2009, 11:53 PM   #67
ftmiller

how about that knife

Does any body know where the free knife is made? it would be nice if it was made in the USA.
Old December 9, 2009, 06:42 PM   #68
JakAbot

wow

Where was this when I got my membership...lol. I paid for the Lifetime tho And you're right it never too young to sign them up.
Old December 12, 2009, 11:08 PM   #69
bobelk99

Support the NRA

This is basically a no magazine membership to get those who do not wish to spend more to be a part of the Second Amendment group.

Amen to that.

18 of 25
Old December 13, 2009, 12:00 AM   #70
parrothead2581

Quote:
This is basically a no magazine membership to get those who do not wish to spend more to be a part of the Second Amendment group.

Amen to that.
Ah, but it does include the magazine.
Old December 13, 2009, 12:10 AM   #71
bangbangshootshoot

Quote:
Does any body know where the free knife is made? it would be nice if it was made in the USA.
Don't get your hopes up, they are typically Chinese crap.
Old December 13, 2009, 08:20 AM   #72
Uncle Buck

If you do not want the extra mailings, write to them, or call them, and tell them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not ( with the NRA, it did for me).
Father Donovan sends me about a zillion pieces of mail every year asking for more money to "...help the orphan children not have to go to bed hungry..." I have written twice and asked to be removed from the mailing list, but they can not do it. I just toss the stuff. Not that I have anything against hungry orphans, but money is tight and if I they do not get drawn, they do not get the donation.

(My wife takes all these requests from charitable organizations and puts them in a shoe box, after pulling them out of my trash can. At the end of the month she pulls two or three of them out and will send money. How else to be equitable? )

The NRA is the biggest Second Amendment Rights lobbying group available. Numbers speak big in Washington DC. If they can use my name to increase that number, I will gladly spend the yearly renewal fee. I do not care about the hat, the knife or any of the other things they send out. I read the magazine and it gets recycled to either the VA Hospital or the local bank lobby area.

I do not remember the source or the exact numbers, but there are statistics out there that say for every 1000 mailings, the organization receives $xxx.xx. Because they do the mass, bulk, mailings, they pay less for postage than we do. The printing is so large for these mailings they get reduced rates, and get to write them off as a business expense.

I wonder about guys who complain about their erosion of rights, but won't spend $35.00 a year to help preserve them. I know some people who can not actually afford the money, so I have given them a gift subscription. But I know a lot of others who can afford it, but choose not too. I guess it all comes down to priority.

OK, I have rambled and ranted enough.
Old March 6, 2010, 12:47 PM   #73
waltfraz

Great just in time for me to renew mine.Filled out form,paid 2 years $25.00,already heard back from nra.Signed up grandson and granddaughter.thanks for information
Old March 6, 2010, 05:30 PM   #74
Ridge_Runner_5

This thread is a year old. I got in on the deal. Just made a 3-year renewal last week. Should get my ID and my knife soon...
Old March 26, 2010, 11:20 AM   #75
Uncle Ben

Quote:
i signed up not too long ago and all iv gotten was junk mail from it..
This statement could not be more wrong. What you got from the membership is support from America's largest and oldest interest/lobbyist group. There is no other group that is larger or more powerful in working to keep our right to keep and bear arms. If it were not for the NRA, I fully believe that none of us would be able to go out a buy a gun today.

As for the junk mail and phone calls...yes, I get irritated with that also, but that is a horrible reason to stop supporting them. They support ALL gun owners by the work they do. Call them and ask them to take you off their mailing lists and call lists, and they will gladly say "yes". If you have to call them a few times about it, so be it. It takes only a few minutes of your time. Don't boycot them over it.

They need money to operate, and we should not insult them for that.
How much money does the Brady campaign have? Do you want the NRA to have more money, power, and size than the Brady people, or not???

I'll let my standard signature finish off my rant for me