The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 22, 2011, 08:18 PM   #1
loganclj

cz 452 with timney trigger

After installing a new timney trigger on my 452 varmint (which was more work than inticapated) I had a couple problems. The first problem was the safety wouldnt push forward after the gun was cocked. I installed the old trigger and it still wouldnt push forward. I reinstalled the timney and was able to fix the safety, that problem is solved. My other problem is the bolt is very stiff when the rear action screw is tightend down. I was able to make it function normally by putting some blue loctite on the action screw and just barely getting it snug. The bolt will cycle fine now but I know its not a proper fix. Is the timney causing the bolt the bind up after I tighten the screw? Does the trigger need some fitting? Any input would be great. thanks
Old May 23, 2011, 11:31 AM   #2
GURU1911

If the rear action screw is an after-market allen head hex, the length may be too long. If so, then measure the length of both screws. Shorten the longer screw a little at a time until the bolt functions properly inside the receiver. Hope this helps !!!!

Guru1911

"THERE AIN'T TOO MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T FIX, WITH $500 DOLLARS OR A .30-06"
Old May 23, 2011, 04:43 PM   #3
loganclj

wow I never thought of that ! They are after marker screws. I will try that thanks !
Old May 23, 2011, 05:37 PM   #4
GURU1911

MR. LOGAN:

If grinding the overly long new rear action to the length of the original factory screw SOLVES YOUR PROBLEM, please report back to the forum, so that myself & other readers can benefit.

Guru1911

"THERE AIN'T TOO MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T FIX, WITH $500 DOLLARS OR A .30-06"