The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old October 5, 2017, 05:30 PM   #1
jimbocarrey

Cva Hunter question

Hi I have a quick question, is the cva hunter able to be taken down for transport like most single shot and side by side shotguns and rifles are? I'm not taking about cva's takedown model in talking about the regular hunter that they all in 7mm-08 from Academy. I'm looking for a very lightweight rifle that can be carried in a backpack and won't break the bank, the cva hunter is like $220 new and supposedly 5.5 lbs. I looked and the H&Rs but they seem to be a full pound heavier with the thick barrel and I can't find any with the thin barrel. Thanks in advance if anyone here has any knowledge about these rifles.

Regards,
Alex
Old October 6, 2017, 09:45 AM   #2
weblance

I dont think so. I have a CVA Hunter in 44 mag, and it appears that the pivot pin is pressed into the receiver
Old October 6, 2017, 11:34 AM   #3
jimbocarrey

I think that's how the H&R is made too of in not mistaken but it can still be taken down, correct me if I'm wrong. Does yours have any instructions for disassembly in the manual or anything?
Old October 6, 2017, 03:52 PM   #4
DaleA

CVA owners manuals can be found here:
https://cva.com/help-center/owners-manuals/
Don't know if this will answer your question or not.
Old October 6, 2017, 06:59 PM   #5
jimbocarrey

Thanks for the link, I downloaded the manual but it doesn't mention disassembly aside from the firing pin which doesn't require the barrel to be removed.
Old October 9, 2017, 02:26 PM   #6
jimbocarrey

Bump
Old October 9, 2017, 09:06 PM   #7
Rmart30

CVA scout TD is the takedown model ...... I have a hunter and a scout and like them both.
Old October 10, 2017, 12:13 AM   #8
jimbocarrey

Rmart30 I've seen the scout takedown online but can't find any for sale, have you ever disassembled your hunter? That's the one I can get at Academy but I'd like to know if it can be taken apart even if it's not as quick and easy as the scout. Thanks in advance!