The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 6, 2002, 11:15 PM   #1
bernie

Need some info on a single shot.

Back when I first married my wife (some 12 years ago) we had no money. But I saw a sleek little single shot 12 gauge at our local grocery store (it is good to live in a small town in the south!). She bought it for me for Christmas and I just love it. It shoots well, looks nice, and is reasonably well made. But after a few years of hunting and shooting with it hard, I decided to retire it because I love it so much. I have recently pulled it out to used because if it breaks, it breaks, it does no good sitting in the safe.

It was imported by Connecticut Valley Arms, and is an Armi San Marco gun. It is hammerless with a 3" chamber and the serial # is in the 1000 range. It appears to have a chrome lined bore. Does anyone know anything about these shotguns? If so, what is the poop on quality, longevity, parts availability, etc.

Thanks
Old December 7, 2002, 12:30 AM   #2
lockandrock
Registration in progress

First I would try their web site and contact their support for parts and history of that model listed. I knew of one other person owning one and they like it. It's this model show here in the below link.

http://www.cva.com/products/shotgun.htm
Old December 7, 2002, 07:28 AM   #3
bernie

That is not it. This is a modern shotgun, not a blackpowder or blackpowder look alike. Also, I have not asked CVA about it, because manufacturers tend to simply tell you how great their products are. I am looking for someone who actually has experience with one of these.
Old December 7, 2002, 10:55 AM   #4
C.R.Sam

Might get more strikes on the bait if this was in Harley Nolden's corner.

Sam