The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old November 13, 2016, 05:50 PM   #1
Kvon2

Took one off the bucket list this weekend

Went to my first gun show yesterday not looking for anything in particular and I stumbled across an Ishapore 2a1 dated 1967. Numbers matching, $325 out the door.

I've always wanted an Enfield type rifle but had never seen one, held one, or wanted to deal with finding/paying for .303 British.

It seems to be in great shape and looks like it has not been fired much at all. The stock certainly has some character to it but it's sturdy and no major cracking.

I'm beyond excited about it and can't wait to take it out next weekend.

Anyone have any experience with them?
Old November 13, 2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Tidewater_Kid

Congrats! Please post some pictures if you can. It should be in 7.62x51mm NATO caliber. That is one missing from my collection. Wish I had gotten one when they were still cheap.

TK
Old November 13, 2016, 06:41 PM   #3
Kvon2

I'll probably take a few pictures when I take it out next weekend...still haven't mastered posting pictures on the forum yet lol
Old November 13, 2016, 06:50 PM   #4
Tidewater_Kid

Pictures are easy. You can upload them here (have to resize them) or put them on a hosting site.

TK
Old November 13, 2016, 07:13 PM   #5
Rockrivr1

They are great rifles. I picked one up on a C&R some years back and took some time cleaning her up. She's definitely a fun shooter. The only problem I have is that the bolt is very hard to cycle when the mag is full with 8 rounds. If I only load 7 she cycles without a problem. When I looked into it back then it seems it's an issue these rifles had.

Though if this is your only Enfield pattern rifle you own I fully expect more to be in your possession in short order!

Enjoy your find!