The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 20, 2012, 12:59 PM   #1
bry55n92

I need a 1911 complete parts kit

Alright, I've been looking all over the internet for a few weeks now trying to find a fairly cheap 1911 parts kit, preferably with slide and barrel, but not reciever. My dad and I are planning on building a couple together. I've seen all the old posts about it, but most of the websites seem to be down or completely sold out. Does anyone know where I can get one?

I should mention here that I say cheap, because my father has been a machinist for 30 years now, and I have been for 4. We can make all the parts that we need to, but it would be easier to get the cheaper parts and make the ones that are no good from the kit. I've got access to CNC's, Milling machines, Lathes, everything I need to make this work. We've already written the CNC program to make the frame, but we don;t want to start the project until we've got the necessary parts.
Old January 20, 2012, 01:04 PM   #2
docnyt

Where have you tried? Usually midway, brownells. Wilson Combat and the 1911forum have parts.
Old January 20, 2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Mike Irwin
Staff

Posted in the wrong forum.

Please read this again: http://thefiringline.com/forums/anno...t.php?f=1&a=97

Closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread

Tags
1911 , kit , parts