The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 7, 2012, 01:26 PM   #1
B. Lahey

Tuckable 1911 Holster?

In the non-winter months I tend to gravitate towards light, button-up, collared shirts that have a bottom cut in a straight line around the waist. Those look ok untucked. But in the cold I like a flannel or other, heavier shirt, and these tend to have the goofy contour with the longer bits at the front and the goofy scoops around side. I look sloppy when wearing one untucked.

Thus... Tuckable IWB holster for my carry 1911? (full-size Colt)

Anyone use one? What model do you like and why?
Old January 7, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2
saands

The tuckable IWBs IMHO are GREAT! A fullsized 1911 is not a problem with a good belt and a hybrid tuckable holster. The hybrids use kydex on the outside to provide excellent, low profile form fitting retention and leather or horse hide on the inside to provide comfort. I don't know if there are any real differences between the SuperTuck, Kholster and Theis hybrids, but I know that Tommy Theis answers the phone if you have a question and he ships darned near immediately ... and the quality of his holsters is top-notch. All three of these brands are available for the 1911.

Stay safe,

Saands
Old January 7, 2012, 04:00 PM   #3
3kgt2nv

the desaints intruder is pretty good. have been using them for a few months with the same concerns. The crossbreed and the galco kingtuck are more comfortable and equally concealable.

the intruder allows for adjustment for ride height and has adjustable cant for an easier draw.