The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 5, 2012, 12:47 AM   #1
sigcurious

Metalform Mags in a Kimber Custom II

I was looking at these mags, and was wondering if anyone has used them in their kimber, hopefully a recent production Custom II. Otherwise any suggestions on mags that kimbers like?
Old January 5, 2012, 01:43 AM   #2
Fargazer

I've picked up one from Brownells for a Custom Aegis II (9mm); I'll let you know tomorrow how it fits.
Old January 6, 2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Fargazer

Can't say for sure. Wife tried them out last night, and complained about problems - HOWEVER:
  • She claims she could load one of the Metalforms only to 7 rounds, and not its full capacity of 9
    • I loaded both to 9 just fine, using a MagLula. Not sure what the problem was here.
  • She initially had one of the Metalforms not lock the slide back when finished shooting. This happened initially, and only once
Other than the base plate (they don't have "Kimber" on them), they appear to be duplicates of the original Kimber magazine. I've got to be careful how I present this, but I'm leaning toward operator error. If she'll let me (she's a bit proprietary about her Custom Aegis II), I'll run a box through tonight and see what my experience is with them. If I run into anything, I'll let you know.
Old January 6, 2012, 12:27 PM   #4
sigcurious

thanks for the feedback. The metal forms seemed like a good choice since they seem to make mags for a lot of different companies to stamp their name on. Also theyre like half the price of any other mags So hopefully they continue to work for you. Still haven't bought them yet as the delivery date on my pistol is still over a week away, but they're definitely still a top contender.
Old January 7, 2012, 11:23 AM   #5
wuluf

Sig, I've had good experiences with the Kimpro-tac mags, even with my finicky Ultra Carry II.