The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 21, 2010, 07:31 AM   #26
mavracer

Ideal LOL I want a LCR size gun that at the push of a button transforms into an 870.
For me my MEDC (most every day carry) is either my 442 or LCR weak side front pocket in pocket holster. usually with a speed strip with it at the bottom of the pocket behind holster.
strong side pocket holds keys and a medium size Swiss Army knife there's a Kershaw Ken Onion clipped in it.
Back pockets carry wallet and work ID.
I usually have carpenter style Jeans?shorts and keep cell phone and Sure-fire in the pocket on right leg.
My handguns are are for one purpose only, though...
The starter gun on the "Fat man's mad dash tactical retreat."
Old October 31, 2010, 05:57 PM   #27
mrt949

Pocket knife on cargo right pocket ,SEECAMP 32 in right pocket .Wallet left front pocket. keys right rear pocket.
Old October 31, 2010, 06:25 PM   #28
KenpoTex

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAK
Did I cover all the bases?
Sounds like you've got it pretty well covered.

I would consider a hand-held light. I know you've got your TLR but a small flashlight comes in handy...I use mine all the time. (I carry a hand-held even if I've got a WML on my pistol).

The other thing I would consider, that many CCW'ers never think about, is some method of dealing with trauma. A TK-4 tourniquet or even a bandanna can easily fit in a back pocket and provide a readily-accessible means of stopping blood loss.

Matt K.
Old October 31, 2010, 08:18 PM   #29
oifcombatvet

ATI CS-9 w/ 20 round mag
Blackhawk IWB holster
Cell phone: Left Front Pocket
Wallet: Back Right Pocket
Keys: Front Right Pocket
Old October 31, 2010, 08:22 PM   #30
golfnutrlv

Glock 26 with Pearce grips, 12+1 in a high noon down under IWB Holster.
Additional 17 round magazine, Blade Tech Kydex Tek-Lok
Surefire E2d LED Defender, left rear pocket
Benchmade 950 Rift, right pocket.
Federal 124 Gr HST ammunition

Phone, keys, etc..
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Old November 1, 2010, 01:05 AM   #31
rburch

I always carry: Keys, Wallet, Cold Steel Ti-lite folder, pen, ipod, cell phone & bluetooth.

Keys and knife go in right front pocket. Pen, ipod, phone go in the left. Wallet sits in my right rear pocket.

Use a Galco Carry lite belt, found it to be an excellent belt at a very good price.

I have a few pistols I carry.

Load 1: Taurus 650

It's my newest pistol, and the one I've been carrying the most recently since it's my smallest gun. It's a 357, but I load it with Hornady Critical Defense 38+p most of the time. It rides between 3 & 5 in a High Noon Split Decision IWB Tuckable holster.

I also carry a single Bianchi Speed strip loaded with 5 rounds in my pocket (though I'm ordering a pouch for it when I get money)

Load 2: CZ PCR

My favorite pistol, the one I carry most of the time. 14+1 rounds of 9mm in the gun. Usually carry the Critical Defense, but sometimes TAP or Federal Hydra-Shok. The gun rides between 3 & 5 in either a High Noon Down Under IWB, or a High Noon Speedy Spanky Paddle Holster.

Carry a single 14 rnd mag in a Galco Horizontal mag pouch between 7-9. Never really seen the need to carry more than the one spare.

Load 3: CZ-75b

Haven't carry this one much since I got the PCR, but still pull her out now and then. 19+1 rounds of 9mm in the gun with a MecGar aftermarket mag. Use the same ammo as I have for my PCR. Again the Gun rides between 3&5, and for the moment uses the Holsters I have for the PCR until I break down and buy her her own holsters. Probably High Noon again for the IWB, but leaning towards the iTac Defense paddle, (since Blackhawk won't make a serpa for the CZ's) but may still go with another Speedy Spanky.

My spare is a single 17rnd mag in the same Galco Pouch.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old November 1, 2010, 06:31 PM   #32
leadcounsel

Mine varies on the weather, the 'chore' and how far from home I'm traveling.

In general it involves basic load: a handgun, somewhere around 5-30 rounds (0-1 reloads), pocket knife, keys, phone, lighter.

I sometimes add flashlight and/or multitool depending on the circumstances.

Overnight trips out of town may include more reloads, plus possibly a light 3 day bug out bag with med kit, proper survival knife, a longgun with reloads, and ballistic vest in the vehicle.
Old November 1, 2010, 07:12 PM   #33
Gary L. Griffiths

Ruger LCP in wallet holster - Always

Kershaw Assisted Opening Folder - Always

Kel-Tec PF-9 in tuckable IWB at 10:00 - in uncertain situations in hot weather.

Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro in IWB at 4:00 - Serious Social Occasions.

The LCP serves as a "New York Reload" when I'm carrying a heavier weapon -- I generally don't carry a spare magazine.
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)
Old November 1, 2010, 07:38 PM   #34
ATW525

Beretta 96A1 with 1 or 2 spare magazines (25 or 37 total rounds)
Surefire 6P LED Defender
Benchmade 520SBK
Old November 1, 2010, 08:00 PM   #35
MisterWhite

My EDC depends on the weather and my attire. In warm weather, I take the 9mm, because its easy to conceal in my normal summer clothing, in the winter I like the reassurance of having the .45 ACP on my hip when the scumbags will likely have heavy clothing on.

Warm weather
G19(in Blackhawk! CQC holster on strong side)
extra 15rd magazine on belt
el-cheapo browning flip-knife
wallet
keys
phone

Cold weather
G21(in Blackhawk! serpa holster on strong side)
extra 13rd magazine on belt
el-cheapo browning flip-knife
wallet
keys
phone

And sometimes I carry both, the G19 riding in a IWB on my back and G21 on my hip. And no, I'm not 6'6", and average height at best, but even when carrying both weapons + spare mags, I do not feel particularly bogged down.

Perhaps I'm just young and stubborn
Old November 1, 2010, 08:10 PM   #36
HotShot.444

It's NOT a "gun-fight"? Get over it!

1. He shoots; 2. I shoot to defend citizens and/or myself; 3. It's a gun-fight, prepared-for or not. Not ALL the inventory listed here is purely self-defensive. Why are you hiding? Plus, here's an essential part of the undeclared "uniform" I'll bet no-one has thought of: ever since Viet Nam my belt has been a specially prepared military-style, cam-roller adjustment, standard MONEY-BELT. Three uses; it can be used as a tourniquet since it lacks the impediment of the standard buckle; it holds a short-stack of $20s; and packed inside with the cash is a heavy-duty, flexible wire-saw, useful for slicing small tree-limbs, and also an excellent, quiet weapon for garroting the wind-pipe and carotids of BGs who let their guard down. "Better to have it and not need it...." etc.
Old November 1, 2010, 09:15 PM   #37
bearone2

g30, s&w assisted folder, phone, wallet.

Old November 2, 2010, 08:19 AM   #38
Spats McGee
Staff

I apologize if I missed it in this thread, but what does EDC stand for? I looked in the FAQ's abbreviations, but couldn't find it.
Old November 2, 2010, 09:48 AM   #39
VHinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats McGee
I apologize if I missed it in this thread, but what does EDC stand for? I looked in the FAQ's abbreviations, but couldn't find it.
Every Day Carry.

Here's most of mine-

That pic was taken for a different purpose, so it isn't complete for the intent of this thread. My belt with this setup isn't shown, but it's an Ares Ranger, and the S&W 637 BUG isn't shown either.

Occasionally I will switch the Raven holster shown for a Mitch Rosen ARG worn on a belt from the beltman.
Old November 2, 2010, 10:11 AM   #40
Glenn E. Meyer

Lighten up on the use of 'paranoid' - continue such at your peril.

GEM
Old November 2, 2010, 10:16 AM   #41
MikeNice81

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want as my EDC set up. I do have an idea of what it will look like in the end.

Cell phone holster on left hip with a Kimber Pepper Blaster. Keys in left front pocket with cell phone. Kel Tec P-11 (or small .38spl) in right pocket holster. Wallet in a back pocket.

I know some people say pepper spray is a waste of money. However, the pepper blaster minimizes blow back. Plus, even if it only buys a few seconds that is extra time to get my gun and a proper aim. If I'm carrying my kid, it will give me time to get her in to a safer position. Not all situations call for lethal force, and buying enough time to retreat to safety may be the best option.

I keep a flashlight in my car and I'm thinking of replacing it with a flashlight/stun gun combination unit. I'm also pondering a knife that can cut a seat belt and has a glass breaking point on it.
Old November 2, 2010, 10:23 AM   #42
pax

Moderator Note

Okay, I just deleted a rude personal attack and several responses to that attack. Please forgive me for not catching this sooner, before the thread got derailed.

Also, I'd like to draw everyone's attention to the forum rules here, especially this one:

Quote:
3. No spamming, trolling, flaming, invective or other personal attacks, be they acrimonious or veiled in humor. If you take issue with a Member's position, by all means speak your mind. If you have a problem with a Member's religion, national origin, sex, politics, associations, or personal hygiene, then take it to email.
Calling people "paranoid" is in fact a personal attack, and it isn't allowed on TFL. When you see such behavior here, please give the moderators a hand and hit the "report this post" button -- that's the little red triangle at the left bottom corner of every post. It would sure help us be able to speak gentle words to keep the thread on track early, and avoid having to make massive cleanups or close the thread later. When we act later, we often have to ban people who perhaps could have been saved with an early, gentle word.

Thanks,

pax
Old November 2, 2010, 10:42 AM   #43
Wildalaska

I got a Seecamp...somewhere

WildnowhereismyAndroidAlaska ™©2002-2010
Old November 2, 2010, 02:16 PM   #44
booker_t

Fellas (and ladies), the cell-phone holster has got to go. Do yourself a favor and don't wear that thing on your belt, please.
Old November 2, 2010, 02:49 PM   #45
markj

Quote:
the cell-phone holster
Mine is saddle leather and looks like a, well, a saddle, cowboys can wear stuff like this, it is OK. I lost a few cell phones until I started using this one.

EDC? I got a small titanium blade gerber, 1.5 in blade, some keys and myself. Havent had a problem yet, the 1911 is at home safe. Cant have a gun here at work, but am surrounded by guys that do and they know how to use them being cops and all.
Old November 2, 2010, 03:58 PM   #46
leadcounsel

Sitting here with a Beretta 9mm on my hip, folding knife, leatherman, and flashlight. Also have reloads for the 9mm next to me. Also have a full auto M4 and 7 reloads in the room too... And my individual 'kit' - body armor with first aid kit, Gerber prodigy knife, and kevlar, etc.

But I'm in Iraq...
Old November 2, 2010, 04:22 PM   #47
IMightBeWrong

I tend to take relatively higher weights pretty well. I carry my cz p01, a streamlight stylus pro in my left pocket, a juice s2 in my right with my keys, a droid ii in my left pocket with the light, wallet in back pocket. I train shooting with a handheld light for 2 reasons: for one, many weapons have trouble with weapon lights attached after a while and although rare I don't want to take the chance, plus carrying with a light attached doesn't allow me to use just the light freely and I would rather not have to carry the exra weight of an extra light.

What id like to add to my setup is a larger multitool with a pocket clip and a spare mag setup.
Old November 2, 2010, 06:33 PM   #48
spacemanspiff

Lets see...
Wallet
Keys
Benchmade
Phone
Snickers
Jolly Ranchers
Cough Drops
Ziploc bag of WetWipes
Surefire (seldom carried)
Batteries (seldom carried)
Kimber (seldom carried)
Old November 2, 2010, 06:46 PM   #49
Wildalaska

Quote:
Kimber (seldom carried)
Please note...Spiffs Kimber is completely redone with good parts so we forgive him for owning one

WildheyspiffydontforgetotvoteAlaska ™©2002-2010
Old November 3, 2010, 03:35 PM   #50
markj

Quote:
Sitting here with a Beretta 9mm on my hip, folding knife, leatherman, and flashlight. Also have reloads for the 9mm next to me. Also have a full auto M4 and 7 reloads in the room too... And my individual 'kit' - body armor with first aid kit, Gerber prodigy knife, and kevlar, etc.

But I'm in Iraq...
Thanks for being there, my nephew is returning from Afgan he was also in Iraq for about a year. You guys are the best.