The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 15, 2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Beretta686

Host 10/22s for Norrell Trigger Packs

I have a Norrell trigger pack that came with an internal suppressor host. Needless to say, it's probably the most fun gun I've ever shot (minus tank gunnery in an M1A1 of course). However, I have to clean and repack the suppressor with brass cooling stuff from Norrell every few thousand rounds (which happens soon than you think).

The suppressor is awesome for out at the ranch, where it's just me and some friends, however quite a bit of my shooting as at public ranges where I'm wearing ear pro anyways. So I'm looking at buying another beater 10/22 I can abuse and not really care.

Is there any issues with dropping a bolt from one gun into another when it comes to 10/22s? I know it's a non-no on ARs, but 10/22s are a different animal.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old December 15, 2014, 08:29 PM   #2
Machineguntony

Please educate those of us who do not know. What is a Norrell trigger pack? Is it a full auto trigger pack that drops into a 10/22? Is it a registered F/A NFA trigger pack?
Old December 15, 2014, 09:18 PM   #3
Beretta686

Yeah, it's a trigger pack that replaces the regular Ruger trigger system. From what I'm told, the only registered item is a small little sear that sits in the pack (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Everything else is readily available form Norrell as a replacement part.

It drops in a 10/22 and with Norrell's bolt, will make a standard 10/22 be select-fire (there's a lever on the trigger back to change it to semi-auto). If you're looking for something fun to plink with, this is about as good as it gets, unlike the cantankerous American 180.

Best of all, Norrell readily responds to emails and will happily answer your questions.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old December 15, 2014, 10:34 PM   #4
Machineguntony

Interesting. If 22LR ammo wasn't so hard to find, I would totally buy one. I have the 50 round 10/22 mags ready to go. They're about 20 year old mags.

I found in this forum as discussion about the Norrell trigger packs. They were running about $10,000 in 2006.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/archiv...p/t-17521.html

I imagine they would be about $20,000 nowadays, if price scaling of the Norrell packs was consistent with the rise in prices of HKs and M16s. What is the price of these Norrells nowadays? I haven't ever seen one for sale.
Old December 16, 2014, 06:16 AM   #5
Coach Z

I've been hunting for one for a while. Seems like unicorn eggs are easier to find! They are an awesome addition and they work extremely well when combined with the bolt made for them.
Old December 16, 2014, 06:33 AM   #6
Beretta686

I paid $12k for mine back in 2013 with the integral suppressor. I got it off sturmgehwr.com from a guy here in Texas who was liquidating his MG collection at very reasonable prices. Just keep lurking on sturm or subguns.com, one will pop up, and pounce on it as it'll go quick. Or put out Want-To-Buy notices and one may come your way. They're out there, it's just finding someone who would want to part with it.

Old December 16, 2014, 08:44 AM   #7
Machineguntony

Add the Norrell trigger pack to my list of things to buy next, right after I buy an M14 that is not rewelded (which I shall turn into a polymer stocked M21).

I just went through lots of Sturm and subguns postings, and saw none. It will probably be very hard to buy. I notice that overall, people are less willing to part with their MGs. There are definitely fewer high end machine guns for sale, and most people posting for sale are asking for way above market prices (meaning that I doubt there is a buyer).

Ah yes, the perils of posting WTB ads on Sturm, where 4 out of every 5 offers to sell came from this guy and his friends: http://www.kswo.com/story/27599073/d...ine-gun-scheme. Even when I made it clear that I would only buy the gun upon sight inspection and that we use a trusted class 3 dealer as an intermediary, I would still get responses like, paraphrase: may this email find you well, I have RDIAS you want. Price $10,000 only for you. Because you are good man, I can give second for free if you buy one. This price only for you, so please Lord do not tell anyone. Blessings to you.

LOL
Old December 16, 2014, 04:06 PM   #8
Willie Lowman

You should be able to use the F/A trigger and bolt in any rifle you please.

Or you could change the barrel out. Barrel changes on 10/22s are pretty easy.
Old December 17, 2014, 01:41 AM   #9
weblance

Have you ever seen the Tactical Innovations Cohort Pistol...? Seems made for the Norrell Pack. Its based completely on the 10/22 action. A couple GSG 110 round drums, and the smile would never leave your face. This one is mine...