The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 31, 2009, 11:13 AM   #26
Noz

Sam06

I have both Piettas and Ubertis(7 1860s all total). My match guns and my backup guns are Piettas. It seem that the Piettas are better internally but the Ubertis may be prettier.
My match guns have the Pettifogger modification in that the hand spring has been replaced with Ruger coil spring and plunger.

Thanks to Fingers for his much valued seal of approval.

I've noticed some disapproval of the idea of shooting a lesser load than max based on hunting loads. If you will read the first paragraph of my initial post I indicate I am refering to CAS shooters. If I were to take one of my handguns hunting it would not be a black powder gun. I would take as my first choice my Super Black Hawk Hunter Bisley in 41 Mag that has been "touched up" by Gary Reeder. It would be carring a 230 gr LBT bullet with all the W296 I can get in the case.
We're talking apples and oranges.

Last edited by Noz; March 31, 2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old March 31, 2009, 07:04 PM   #27
Smokin_Gun

:O)

"Smokeless" ? Blasphemy ... LoL! And did you say fill 'er(.41mag) up with H296?

Here's what I hunt with and for with it... and a .45 Colt full a fffg BP under a 455 Conical as a backup.
.45/70 1872 H&R Buffalo Classic packed with BP (63.7gr) under a .459" 405gr H.B. Boolit...

or one a these

And I hunt these things

Jus' havin' a lil' fun with ya too ... nothin' wrong with a 28gr load in a .44 that's what I usually load... Yer a good sport and welcome to the BP Shootin' Gallery NOZ :O)
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php
Old October 13, 2012, 06:16 PM   #28
baggiewon

Thanks to all on the Uberti hammer pull issue. I only have one question,why is the Remington 44 pull like butter and how do I achieve that pull. I did read the post stating that you can sand/cut the spring but it was a little vague. I just got into BP and just love it, other than the pull issue.Thanks again guys.
Old October 17, 2012, 09:08 AM   #29
Rawg the Huug

I didn't realize that some of you like to put part of your breakfast in there.

LOL perhaps this is to help deliver MRE's to your enemy?