The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 12, 2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Colvin

Eotech wobbly

I have the MPO II, and the EXPS3-4 is pretty damn wobbly. I have a Copt LE6940, and while the magnifier is secure, the holosight isn't. Any way to fix this? Thanks. I can provide more details if need be.
Old January 13, 2012, 01:23 AM   #2
brmfan

No clue. My experience with that model is that it is rock solid. All I can think of is to make sure the lever lock/ release catch (small button to the left of the lever) is fully engaged.
Old January 13, 2012, 01:50 AM   #3
cheyenne'sfinest

who is your mount made by? i bought a "dollar bin" rail for my shotgun and when i was shooting some extremely hot hand loads (20 year old hercules red dot stored in the heat of a texas garage loaded with my biggest powder bushing in 3" magnum hulls) and my aimpoint holograph literally just fell off. the hardware was as tight as i could get it. replaced the mount with a millett one, shot about 100 of the same loads, hasn't moved a thousandth of an inch.
Old January 13, 2012, 06:40 AM   #4
Colvin

Thanks for the replies,

I'm just putting it right on the rail, no mount.
Old January 13, 2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Colvin

Called EOTech to see if I should return it.

The guy answered literally in one ring, no machines, great customer service.

I told him the problem and he was extremely surprised and told me that I had it mounted wrong! He said take it off, take the included key and tighten it two clicks clockwise.

Works perfectly. If anybody has my dumb question, that's what you should do. I must not have read the directions properly. Thanks.
Old January 13, 2012, 07:03 PM   #6
Ridge_Runner_5

If it has the thumbscrew, you just need to twist it until it is tight. Make sure the screw is going between the rails and that the right side of the holo sight is securely placed on the rail.

If it has a lever (which I think the XPS3-0 does?), there should be instructions in the manual on how to adjust the lever.