The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 7, 2017, 01:09 PM   #1
stagpanther

6mm Creedmoor AR barrel by Odin Works

Noticed they are doing "pre-orders" on hand-lapped SS 22" barrels that come complete with tune-able block and tube in "XL Rifle length" (rifle length +2") Decided to order one, well, cause it's yet another new caliber for me to fuss with.

Any one have any experience...thoughts..??

PS--I've already built a 6.5 Creedmoor so have some experience already with the cartridge parent.
Old October 8, 2017, 09:45 AM   #2
ed308

Looking forward to seeing this one. What other parts are you considering for the build?
Old October 8, 2017, 10:07 AM   #3
stagpanther

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing this one. What other parts are you considering for the build?
This will be one of winter-time projects--along with a yet-to-determined AR15 platform build. I'm not hung up on the receivers or rail--but this time around I may get a bit spendy on the buttstock; I'm looking at the options for a good tactical adjustable set-up (not interested in a PRS though, already have one and not especially thrilled with it). I'm also thinking about a really good scope--which will probably end up costing as much as the rifle--or more.

Right now I decided to dust off my 458 socom build and try out some hand-loads with A 1680 powder that I recently bought for AK loads. So far the results look extremely promising--better than any other powder I've tried so far!
Old October 8, 2017, 11:57 AM   #4
T. O'Heir

Wouldn't order anything that's not in production, myself. Says to me their business is underfunded and are raising the money to make 'em from their potential customers.
Old October 8, 2017, 06:08 PM   #5
stagpanther

Probably waiting for enough orders to make it worthwhile to tool up for a run would be my guess--won't be the first time I've had to wait a while--but I hope not too long!
Old October 8, 2017, 08:01 PM   #6
ed308

Odin makes a quality barrel. I wouldn't worry about not receiving your barrel.
Old October 9, 2017, 10:33 AM   #7
stagpanther

I just called Odin--they actually have the barrels already made--I was told "pre-order" means barring add-on components or complete upper manufacture. I don't quite get it--but the barrel itself I was told should be shipped any time now. Nice folks--I didn't notice the Atlas compensator upgrade when I first ordered and they kindly said they would honor it for the existing order.
Old October 9, 2017, 12:32 PM   #8
stagpanther

Quote:
OK--here's some of the goodies so far:

*Odin 22" SS hand-lapped barrel w adjustable block and XL rifle tube and Atlas compensator
*High Impact 16.5" ultralight MLok rail, HI cut-away billet upper receiver, HI NIB BCG (all made in Arizona apparently)
*Jard 2 stage 308 trigger with enhanced hammer weight, Jard return spring set
*Aero Precision lower

I couldn't find a tactical stock set-up that I was satisfied with so far--so I just ordered a conventional adjustable carbine set-up for the time being and will upgrade that later.