The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 9, 1999, 08:34 PM   #1
RONIN

I would like to add one of those forearm replacemrnt lights by Surefire, as well as a sidesaddle to this shotgun. I was told by a salesman at the gunstore that these were both bad ideas for the Benelli. The heavier forearm would affect it's perforamance and the side sadlle would pinch the aluminum frame affecting the action. Any truth to this?
Old April 10, 1999, 09:04 AM   #2
Karanas

I have both on mine and it seems to work just fine.
Old April 11, 1999, 02:27 AM   #3
Fargo

RONIN,

Cool movie hey? Too bad Robert Denero is a Klinton supporter eh? I have a Benelli Super 90 that has a side saddle and I also had a buttstock shell holder. I took it off because my gun started to misfire on me. Later I heard that if you have other accesories mounted on your gun, you should only use 3" mags to ensure good reliability of your gun. When you put the side saddle on your gun, tighten it down until its snug (not tight) and back off the screw a small amount so that it is very slightly loose on the gun (still feels tight but loose). That way it wont squeze the reciever together and cause a misfire. Try it out and tell me how it works. I am saving up right now to buy a Surfire for my Super 90. I will look forward to hearing back from you.

Fargo