The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 24, 2018, 08:52 AM   #1
cw308

Gun Belt

Looking for another gun belt for everyday carry. I'm giving Kore Essentials a hard look . They have a tactical rated stronger then the everyday , I like the Brown reinforce leather with the X1 buckle . What do you think or use.

Chris

Last edited by cw308; February 24, 2018 at 01:08 PM.
Old February 24, 2018, 10:11 AM   #2
Kreyzhorse

The Beltman makes excellent leather belts that last. They aren't cheap but last far longer than cheap ones does.

Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt is excellent if you are looming for a nylon type belt.
Old February 24, 2018, 04:37 PM   #3
cw308

They are up there in price . What I like about the Kore belts is they work like a wire tie 1/4" adjustments . Did you check them out ? I have a Bianchi gun belt , buckle type 1" between holes works OK have it for years. Looking for something new.

Chris

Last edited by cw308; February 24, 2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old February 24, 2018, 10:45 PM   #4
dave7798801

I've seen lots of good reviews for the Kore gun belts. My only concern is how comfortable the buckle would be with the raised part for the lock. Emailed the company and they said you could attach the buckle to the belt to try it out and as long as you don't cut the belt you can return it for a refund.

I think I will try one, if I don't like it I think I'm going to get one of these.

https://www.armourbelts.com/gun-belt
Old February 24, 2018, 10:59 PM   #5
cw308

dave
I like the idea of the small adjustments that can be made to the belt. Most of the time I wear jeans the release latch hopefully won't be a problem , maybe by shifting the buckle could also help if it's a problem . I'll order mine on Monday.

Chris
Old February 25, 2018, 08:52 AM   #6
Big Wes

bullhidebelts.com I recommend the steel core belts. Top quality. Good service and delivery.
Old February 25, 2018, 08:53 AM   #7
Minorcan

I use Daltech Forcem belts. nTh3ey are thick and rigid and have stell inserts if wanted. They have bull and horse hide at fair prices.
Old February 25, 2018, 02:25 PM   #8
cw308

Big Wes
Looked at the belts & holsters . Very nice and there prices are good . With the belt l want the see how the Kore ratchet system works . Thanks for the info

Chris
Old February 25, 2018, 02:35 PM   #9
cw308

Minorcan
Looked at Deltech , they also have a nice selection at good prices . Also looking for a good IWB holster , they have a molded one for my 3" 1911 hasn't been rated by anyone an I would want a sweat shield just to protect the gun. Thank You.

Chris

Last edited by cw308; February 27, 2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old February 26, 2018, 05:11 PM   #10
Mackie244Bud

I absolutely LOVE my Kore Gun Belt!!
I have the X1 BUCKLE & BLACK REINFORCED LEATHER BELT.
I wear it even if I'm not Carrying.

https://www.koreessentials.com/colle...ced-belt-set-1

Kore Gun Belts:
https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

I've said it before that after a big meal it's easy to undo the latch and let out a click or two.
Or easy to pull in a click or two.
With a regular belt you have to take the end and pull it up position it to another hole etc..etc..
You can adjust a Kore while sitting in a car, restaurant or anywhere with a slide over of the belt click click..or just release the lever on the buckle and let as many clicks out as you need.
You can easily adjust the belt and no one would even see it...
try and do that with a conventional belt...and the holes are never where you want them to be..
Too tight or to loose..
Watch the video below about how the belt works and you will understand..It's ingenious!

How KORE Trakline Belts Work:
https://www.koreessentials.com/pages/how-it-works

I was turned onto them by a fellow employee that carried his CCW with them everyday.
I was a bit surprised on the price but I ordered one anyway..
It worked great for him..He said, "Trust me you'll like it!"
Sure enough once I started wearing it I never doubted the price again.
In fact I'm getting ready to order another belt.
Not because my original belt shows any wear after 1.5 years but because I now want a brown belt and different buckle.

I'll never go back to a traditional belt with holes again!

Mackie255 / Bud

Last edited by Mackie244Bud; February 26, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old February 26, 2018, 06:47 PM   #11
cw308

Mackie255/ Bud
Called an placed the order today The EDC Black leather x1Buckle .They already shipped it. Great service an I'm sure I'll like the belt. I spoke to Joel at Kore , why don't you advertise in gun shops . They have enough trouble keeping up with on line orders. That's a good type of trouble , maybe in the future. If I didn't search on line I wouldn't have come across this gem. I'm on the east coast LI NY 3-5 days from door to door , that's great service. Thanks for answering my post.

Chris
Old February 26, 2018, 11:03 PM   #12
Mackie244Bud

Glad to do it..
We should all share when we come across something good.
I know that you'll enjoy wearing it and it's ease of use..

It supports my Sig P320 Compact RX great!

Mackie244 / Bud
Old February 26, 2018, 11:30 PM   #13
cw308

I agree , Great forum great group of people willing to help. I was looking for a good belt for EDC with my Colt New Agent 3" 1911 45acp . Thanks again for your help. Until the next time , Be Safe Out There.

Chris
PS I'll let you know when an how I like the belt.
Old February 27, 2018, 08:40 PM   #14
Siggy-06

I have a Wilderness 5 stitch that I've been using for when I'm not pocket carrying. Those Kore belts look great. I'm gonna have to buy one asap, need a new leather belt and that looks just like the ticket.
Old February 27, 2018, 09:35 PM   #15
Jackpro555

Leather belt is really enjoying. I love them a lot. However, you should search for a reviews page on Amazon. After seeing them then order a new one. Good luck!
Old February 28, 2018, 08:56 AM   #16
RETG

For over thirty years I have carried a full size handgun and never needed a dedicated gun belt. I have always carried the holster straddling a belt loop and that prevented the weight of the gun/holster from sagging the belt down. I will say that I believe, but cannot prove, that the weight of the gun and other items on the belt help to elongate the buckle hole which in turn causes the belt area of the belt to look like crap (stretched out).

So I got curious about this track idea and did some research the past few days on the Kore, Anson and some other unknown track belt. And yesterday I ordered two Kore gun belts; black tactical and brown leather.

I will say they are fast in shipping, order placed yesterday at 5:37 PM, and notice of shipping was 6:13 PM and I used a 10% off code (TALON) that I came across on a youtube video where the guy gave a review on the tactical belt.

I'll be curious to see if they actually hold my Berettas any better than a good thick leather belt. However, I am hoping the track idea works out better than belt holes.
Old February 28, 2018, 12:25 PM   #17
cw308

RETG
I found their belt on watching videos , did mention the video offered 10% off. I didn't have any discount code . They gave me the 10% anyway and yes their service is excellent an I'm sure their belts are too. I ordered the black EDC with the X1 buckle .The email track is Thursday ,I will probably order one in brown with the x3 buckle.. l feel like a kid the night before Christmas. Will post when I get it.

Chris
Old February 28, 2018, 03:06 PM   #18
RETG

I have to correct my statement....

It was NOT actually shipped, in fact it has not been shipped as I type this. They did what many companies do, the immediately issue a shipping notice and send an email saying "your item is on its way."

However, the item has not been actually turned over to the post office and scanned into their system.

So, their shipping is basically like everyplace else.
NOTE: Not complaining just correcting a statement.

The video was sort of goofy, but it was one of the more decent reviews....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=5z9w5lzP7W0

Code "TALON" was noted at the end and in the info section below the video.

Also ran across another code for a review from an Aussie on youtube; "EVERYMAN." I order via online and it accepted the TALON code with no problem.

I did find two videos that disclosed problems with the pin spring in the buckle giving way. One the guy said he could fix, the other was left up in the air cause he was going to contact Kore since it was two-months out of warranty.

Some reviews stated Anson was better, but I didn't like their shade of brown for the gun belt (preferred darker brown) and all reviews showed that the Kore was stiffer and I preferred the look of the X1 buckle over any buckles from Anson.

Good luck with yours; I'll post what I think when I receive it. Might take the full
shipping time considering where I live since once the mail hits SLC it is delivered up here in the SE Idaho mountains by pony express.
Old February 28, 2018, 06:40 PM   #19
cw308

I ordered Feb.26 I first received the confirmation , one hour later received notice out for delivery with tracking # delivered by 20:00 hours March 1 that's fast . From California to LI NY. Check your email.

Chris
PS. I saw the video with the pin problem . He didn't seem to worried , may have been pretty hard on the belt , some even use it as a bottle opener. You never know. I'll give it a fair test.

Last edited by cw308; February 28, 2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old March 1, 2018, 08:22 AM   #20
RETG

How did it get delivered at 8 PM on March 1, since I'm typing this at 6 AM MST (8 AM) your time and your post is stamped 4:40 PM 2/28)?

It could take a week to get here with the oncoming blizzards this weekend.
Old March 1, 2018, 03:47 PM   #21
cw308

RaETG
That's what the email said ,it's 3:45 here an I'm still waiting.

Chris
Check the tracking , said it's out for delivery today by 8 PM .
Old March 1, 2018, 04:13 PM   #22
RETG

Sorry, misunderstood.

What I find ironic is your shipping time from SD CA to Long Island NY would be the same as from SD to ID. Your mail goes via plane, I believe my mail will be shipped via a truck.
And with the predicted winter storms in this area starting tomorrow, it will make for an interesting delivery time.
But I'm in no hurry, pants will not fall down.
Old March 1, 2018, 04:56 PM   #23
cw308

RETG
Got it. 4:40 PM mail delivery , I love it , cutting the belt better using metal cutters an locking the belt in place , my thumbs are sore . Belt & buckle are just what you see on the videos made very well , couldn't ask for more out of a belt. Let me know when & how you like your belt . Im also waiting for a nor'easter to hit. Hope your as happy with your new belt as I am with mine.

Chris
Old March 1, 2018, 05:31 PM   #24
In The Ten Ring

I suspect about all the leather makers turn out a good "gun belt." As long as it's 1/4 inch thick it's going to be more sturdy and thus, able to handle holsters, etc.

It won't work as well as a tourniquet though.

My gun belt is a High Noon Holsters version. If money was not problem, I'd buy a spinal stingray from Andrews' Leather.
Old March 1, 2018, 07:06 PM   #25
cw308

In The Ten Ring
Checked out their line , high quality . They use the conventional belt buckle , I was looking at the Kore belts , I like how they adjust 1/4" at a time .Easy to get that perfect fit . From the products Andrews Leather is Turing out their prices are up there but fair for custom work .Thanks for answering my post .

Chris