The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 2, 2021, 08:00 AM   #26
RETG

Quote:
Originally posted by Carl the Floor Walker I have been wearing a Kore essential now for a few years and no sign of that kind of wear at all. Yes, a little lighter gun but still that does not look right. What holster are you wearing?
As stated in the original post Desantis; however, to be exact; Thumb Break Scabbard.

Wear is were the holster pushes down on the belt loop of my jeans. And the new belt they sent, shows the same wear, but not as bad, primarily cause I switched to their heavy duty tactical belts.
But never had wear like that with any other belt.
I give MY OPINION (not often) based on many years shooting at, other than paper targets. I will not debate my experience vs. your experience based on dreams and "what ifs." I'm 73; I'm too damn old to care.
Old February 2, 2021, 08:34 AM   #27
John D

Simply Rugged belt. Have worn this, almost daily, for 7 years. NO sag or wear.
Old February 2, 2021, 09:26 AM   #28
stephen426

For normal wear, I just use a regular belt I bought at Costco. I carry a sub-compact polymer gun so it doesn't weigh that much. For the range, I got a belt from Hank's Belts. It seems pretty well made and is holding up well. It is a little bulky for how I normally dress and the leather is pretty thick.
Old February 2, 2021, 10:40 AM   #29
Hawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen426 View Post
For normal wear, I just use a regular belt I bought at Costco. I carry a sub-compact polymer gun so it doesn't weigh that much. For the range, I got a belt from Hank's Belts. It seems pretty well made and is holding up well. It is a little bulky for how I normally dress and the leather is pretty thick.
I bought mine because the 25.00 belts I had been wearing to work would break after a couple of months. I figured if I was going to spend 75.00 on belts every 6 months or so I might as well suck it up and spend that 75.00 on a good one.
Old February 2, 2021, 12:46 PM   #30
upstate81

I also wear a Galco belt. Well worth the money.
Old February 2, 2021, 11:47 PM   #31
Cosmodragoon

I've been using Kore's reinforced leather belts for a few years now. In fact, they are the only belts I've worn since I got them. I can't speak to the experience shared by RETG. Mine have held up beautifully. I've used them with a few different leather holsters, IWB and OWB, as well as soft loops and Tek-Loks for knives.

I like the reinforced leather because it still looks like a regular belt. It's classy enough for the office but rugged enough for the trail.

The ratcheting buckle is amazing because it allows for both fine adjustment and a solid hold. Whether you fluctuate a little in weight or like to change up your IWB, it's great to be able to get just the right fit.
Old February 3, 2021, 02:24 AM   #32
zoo

RETG, off and on I wear that very same DeSantis holster with one of my weapons. Try slipping your belt through the the back holster loop then through your pants loop then into your front holster loop then your pants loop. Also use a kore 4 lb rated or above. Quite frankly this should apply to just about any holster of that size on any belt.
Old February 3, 2021, 07:08 AM   #33
RETG

I have been wearing a holster for over 40 years with three-quarters of those years working for Uncle Sam. Many of those years it was a Sig Sauer or an H&K USP and in a one-inch belt a lot heavier than the current setup, less supportive than the so-called concealed carry belt manufactured by KORE, and never had this problem with a cheap leather belt!

That is primarily how I have worn my holstersSo really not sure of your comment; however, it sounds like you are the belt/holster expert.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this thread. If people are so supportive of Kore, then that is great for them and great for Kore, and I do use their tactical belts and have had no problems; however, no more of their leather belts.
I give MY OPINION (not often) based on many years shooting at, other than paper targets. I will not debate my experience vs. your experience based on dreams and "what ifs." I'm 73; I'm too damn old to care.
Old February 3, 2021, 02:49 PM   #34
zoo

RETG, no offense intended. No need to get grouchy. I like Kore Essential belts, at least the 4 lb and up rated belts but quite frankly I can take em or leave em. Just trying to help. From your comments, your problem seemed sorta obvious. By the way, we're not all just a bunch of "paper punchers." Wanna see my pretty scars? Peace, brother.
Old February 3, 2021, 03:28 PM   #35
JakeE

Gotta say I've had Kore leather belt over year now using Tier1 holster / glock19 setup and it is completely flawless like the day I got it. Probably your holsters belt slot is rubbing on it. Leather does react to pressure its the cows skin. I do know for a fact you can't break inner core on these belts from flexing like you can a steel core belt. You might want to try there belt sleeve protector that slides over belt or get a different holster. Either would do the trick.
Old February 3, 2021, 08:34 PM   #36
TunnelRat

I've used both a Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch Instructor Belt and a Wilderness LowPro EDC belt. I like the flatter buckle on the latter.
Maintain situational awareness
Old February 4, 2021, 11:44 AM   #37
CorvZ061

I went a Crossbreed Crossover belt. Not cheap, but I’ve had it for 4 years and it shows no wear signs yet. Daily carry a full size 10mm 1911 in a super tuck holster.
Old February 4, 2021, 12:18 PM   #38
Road_Clam

Hank's Belts. Built TOUGH !
https://www.hanksbelts.com/
Old February 4, 2021, 01:04 PM   #39
Pistoler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRaider21 View Post
Crossbreed belt
+1 Crossbreed executive gun belt for formal wear.
Old February 4, 2021, 04:03 PM   #40
gnystrom

Quality belts cost money and are worth every penny especially if you carry a heavy gun.
Thick unlined belts that I use when carrying a lightweight gun,

RG leather makes a great product at fair prices.

When at work with a 1911 or L-frame all day I go to
A Better Belt USA and buy their Ultimate belt in buffalo.

Old February 5, 2021, 07:51 AM   #41
Spats McGee
Staff

My first gun belt was an Aker B21. They're about $65 right now. I paid $55 for mine about 10 years ago. It's worn, but in good enough shape that I still wear it from time to time, particularly for working around the house, weekend runs to the store, etc. I got mine in brown, and then decided that I needed a belt in black. For that, I grabbed a DeSantis Econobelt. It only runs about $35, but it's a steal at that price. My first one lasted about 7 years, and when it got too beat up, I grabbed another one just like it. It's not the best belt I own, but it is the best bargain in belts I own. When my Aker B21 started showing its age (also after about 7 years), I decided to upgrade to a Beltman belt. It's clearly the most expensive belt I own, and it's a very nice belt. With that said, I've seen lots of folks post online things like "I've had my Beltman belt for 10+ years and it still looks brand new." I've had mine about 3 years. It does not look brand new. It looks good, but not brand new. Maybe the folks who posted that just don't put as much strain on a belt as this Fat Boy does. When it comes time to replace my belt again, I'll definitely consider Beltman, but I'm pretty sure there will be other companies in the running, too.
Old February 6, 2021, 06:22 AM   #42
Big Wes

https://www.bullhidebelts.com/
Old February 11, 2021, 12:22 PM   #43
Equin

My favorite leather belt is my 1.5” wide Mean Gene Leather Victory Aegis belt.

https://www.meangeneleather.com/shop...t-with-buckle/

They are pricey but very well worth it, and Gene is a great guy to deal with. The buckle allows for infinite adjustment, too.

They’re also about 1/4” thick and easily support my heavy, fullsize 1911 and spare mag. In fact, some use them as part of their competition rig. The only issue is that some holsters are difficult to thread through because of how thick the belt is. I find holsters designed for 1.75” wide belts work best with this one even though it’s only 1.5” wide. All around top quality, and he even offers custom work. I got mine in 2 weeks with custom work done. Otherwise, it usually takes a week or less to arrive for non-customized belts. Highly recommend.
Old February 11, 2021, 01:10 PM   #44
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmodragoon View Post
I've been using Kore's reinforced leather belts for a few years now. In fact, they are the only belts I've worn since I got them. I can't speak to the experience shared by RETG. Mine have held up beautifully. I've used them with a few different leather holsters, IWB and OWB, as well as soft loops and Tek-Loks for knives.

I like the reinforced leather because it still looks like a regular belt. It's classy enough for the office but rugged enough for the trail.

The ratcheting buckle is amazing because it allows for both fine adjustment and a solid hold. Whether you fluctuate a little in weight or like to change up your IWB, it's great to be able to get just the right fit.
One thing for sure, Regardless of the belt, amust for myself is the Ratchet system, After using one since they came out, I will not go back to the standard again.
Old February 11, 2021, 04:15 PM   #45
ms6852

I have not seen that wear on my Kore belts but I only wear the leather dress up belt to church, otherwise I wear the nylon belts.