The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 16, 2014, 06:22 PM   #76
GeauxTigers

I grew up in the wonderful state of Texas. Live in Louisiana now, but I sure do miss Texas some days. Of course Louisiana allows open carry for CCW holders, so exposure isn't a risk, but in Baton Rouge there are plenty of hoodlums and gangster wannabes whom I would rather not alert to my choice to carry. I don't want to be target number one for them should something happen and I don't want a hassle with local PD who sometimes have the attitude that they represent God directly. I'd rather not have a confrontation or even a conversation with them if I don't have to.
Old January 16, 2014, 10:40 PM   #77
db4570

This thread has gotten me curious. I always assumed that if you had a CC permit, but the gun got accidentally and unintentionally exposed, it might make a bystander uncomfortable, but wasn't illegal. I am surprised to learn that in some states it is. I should check my state (NY, of all places).

I am also thinking about getting a broader multi-state license, like FL. Anyone have a resource that clarifies this for all states?

David
Old January 16, 2014, 10:42 PM   #78
Spats McGee
Staff

handgunlaw.us would be a good place to start
Old January 17, 2014, 08:24 AM   #79
rdmallory

Might check with each state also. I moved from KT to FL and I was able to use my training certificate I earned in KY. Just had to pay for the new License.

FL might honer your NY training cert if it required range time,

Doug
Old January 17, 2014, 09:17 AM   #80
Don P

Here is the link to the Florida State division that issues our CCW in state and out of state,
http://www.freshfromflorida.com/
A phone call should answer all your question, as they say straight from the horses mouth.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.