The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 16, 2015, 11:15 AM   #1
stagpanther

Why no archery?

I'm sure this has been asked before--but I view the discipline of archery as being very complimentary to my firearms shooting. If having a moderator is what it takes--I'll volunteer. Maybe be put to a poll vote?
Old August 16, 2015, 11:26 AM   #2
Glenn E. Meyer

We've discussed this before. Archery is a wonderful topic but not defined in our mission. There are many outlets for such discussion. Forums sometimes are asked for small topic forums - why not a 22LR, why not airguns, knives, flashlights, why not XYZ? In many cases, the smaller topics in general forums get little traffic over the years.

Thus, we've avoid proliferation of topics where there are other outlets.

Thanks for the suggestion. Other mods can join in, if they choose but that's the way I see it.
Old August 16, 2015, 11:55 AM   #3
Pahoo

Another time and place !!!

In the past, we have seen a number of posts, dealing with archery. Mostly in the "Hunting" section or Accessary sales. One big problem that you could do an entire forum on archery. I'm sure someone has already invented that wheel. I use to hunt deer with a bow and still shoot some field archery. I have a lot of respect for bow-hunting but that's another time and place. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old August 16, 2015, 12:44 PM   #4
JohnKSa
Staff

TFL is firearm focused.

Threads/posts about peripheral topics associated with firearms or shooting (e.g. airguns, archery, hunting/self-defense knives, flashlights, etc.) are generally considered on-topic and left alone, however at this time there are no plans to introduce new subforums specifically dealing with non-firearm topics.
Old September 15, 2015, 11:36 AM   #5
foolzrushn

firearms...

if a bow and arrow can be considered 'arms'.....then can flaming arrows be considered firearms?

Just a rhetorical question.

I was actually just looking for where the acronym definitions live.

certified 'soap welder'
Old September 15, 2015, 02:57 PM   #6
Mal H
Staff

In the Library there's an entire section on "Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Terms".