The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 19, 2001, 12:05 AM   #1
j-heart

Ruger Mark II parts and reassembly help

I disassembled my Ruger Mark II for the first time for a good cleaning. I now have two problems:

1. I lost the extractor plunger (A25-J) and the extractor spring (A25-J1). They actually sprung out accross my living room, not to be found. I ordered new ones from Ruger but they tell me it will be two weeks until shipping. Is there a place that will ship Ruger factory parts faster?

2. I'm having a little problem with the reassembly of the Sear, and Hammer assembly. Is there any good source for this level of detailed reassembly? The user manual is rather weak.
Old December 19, 2001, 05:50 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

j-heart:
If you will provide an email address I will send you the disassem Wphotos:

HJN
Old December 19, 2001, 07:27 AM   #3
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Brownells will ship it much faster if they have it in stock. About 4 days standard ground up to overnight. George
Old December 19, 2001, 08:05 AM   #4
Chris Orndorff

I'll second Brownell's. They are a pleasure to do business with too. www.brownells.com
Old December 19, 2001, 01:54 PM   #5
j-heart

Thanks for the help. I ordered online from Brownell's this am. I hope they ship quickly.

Harley - thanks for the images.
Old December 19, 2001, 06:31 PM   #6
Ledbetter

Welcome jheart

It is good to keep some spare parts for that pistol, for the reason that you already know. Some that I would consider are two more of the two you just got, and a firing pin and f.p. retaining pin. Also, a recoil spring.

OnTarget makes a "Trigger Shield" for the front of the frame that keeps all the grime in the receiver-action and out of the grip frame. Well worth having. If you order from them, get their exact edge extractor, and use the one you just ordered as a spare. Pistol will extract better.

http://www.ontargetguns.com/otts.html

Regards.

P.S. Did you lose the part that goes between the extractor and the spring (part no. KA02510) too? If so, you'll need one. See the following parts diagram.

http://www.ontargetguns.com/mark2.pdf
Old December 19, 2001, 08:48 PM   #7
j-heart

Ledbetter:

I did order some extras, but not all the parts you suggested. Maybe next round of orders I guess.

I appreciate your suggestions. After I get this assembly completed, I might try some enhancements.

Yes, I did order the plunger too.

Thanks,
Old December 20, 2001, 11:50 AM   #8
DeBee

In the mean time, why don't you continue to look for the parts?

I rigged a flat sheet of flexible magnet on a flat sheet of steel screwed into a broomhandle for getting parts that flew under my workbench. You might run something like that in your living room... After all, you know they are there...

Recently, my local depot had a similar tool used for "sweeping" nails from a worksite. I'm sure that would work too...