The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old October 27, 2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Rich Miranda

ATF Form 6 - Ammo Imports

Do any of you have any information on ATF Form 6? I realize that I must go directly to the source (ATF) for final answers, but I'd like to have some information before I actually call them.

Another ammo collector has significant quantities of collector ammo that I want to buy, but he is in Europe and I would need an import license in order to acquire ammo from him.

Is there a fee for the license? What pertinent info should I know/ask for?

Thanks.
Old October 27, 2009, 09:10 PM   #2
dogtown tom

Quote:
theotherTexasRich:...Is there a fee for the license?
It's the Federal government. Of course there is`a fee. For an 08FFL (Importer of firearms & ammunition) the fee is $150 for three years.

Start reading here:http://www.atf.gov/firearms/index.htm

Types of Federal Firearms Licenses:http://www.atf.gov/firearms/fflc/ffl/ffl_types.htm

Be aware that additional fees may be required. For example, 07FFL's (manufacturers) are required to pay the $2,250 ITAR fee to the State Department each year.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old October 27, 2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Rich Miranda

Thanks, Tom, I appreciate the info.

Actually, $150 a year isn't that bad, but I should not speak too soon!