The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 11, 2013, 07:43 AM   #1
great scot

New CCW!

I just picked up an XD9 subcompact to supplement my CCW battery. I normally use a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster, but there are times when I can carry a bigger pistol in an IWB holster. The XD subcompact sits in the hand nicely, and I was surprised how light the recoil was for a small pistol chambered for a service caliber. Having 14 rounds on tap is also a nice bonus. I just ordered a Remora holster for it and I'm hoping this makes a comfortable CCW package.

A lot of people are looking for a first pistol for CCW, and at this point, it seems the XD subcompact would fill that role nicely.
Old March 11, 2013, 08:19 AM   #2
zTimbo

New CCW!

I cc a xd9 myself. I carry using a crossbreed holster. Great little pistol that hits what you aim at, I mean what more could you ask. I've got about 500 rds through mine, not one malfunction.

However I just picked up a glock 27 and I'm gonna be carrying it while the girlfriend carries the xd9. FYI, the glock 27 fits nicely in my xd9 crossbreed holster.
Old March 11, 2013, 11:53 AM   #3
PipeSmokeMcGee

That was my first pistol...a great one, especially with the option of the full size magazine and grip. Reliable as all get out and very concealable 13+1 rounds.
Old March 11, 2013, 12:13 PM   #4
redhologram

Great little gun! Hardly any recoil at all to it, which is surprising for its size and weight, and I've never had any problems when I've taken it out to shoot.
Old March 11, 2013, 12:27 PM   #5
great scot

I traded a smith 642 to get my hands on the XD. I'm sure I'll be torched for parting with the 642, but I didn't enjoy shooting it. As a CCW, it was easy to carry and reliable as they day is long, but I dreaded to pull the trigger. The XD is only marginally bigger, and shooting it is actually fun.